VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm looking for a pull behind trailer for my Cross Country Tour. Have seen some options on-line, but I'd really like some info and input from fellow Victory owners on this topic.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I've always like the look of the Bushtec Entourage with the XC, but they don't offer that specific model anymore. This is the one that caught my eye I found online. BUSHTEC TRAILERS PERFECT MATCH WITH VICTORY

View attachment 504371

I now realize that if I ever decided to pull a trailer, I'd take molds of my saddlebags and fender and make one myself out of fiberglass that perfectly matches the lines of the bike (or pick up a couple used damaged bags and use those to build it out something I like.

Many guys will go pick a cheap trailer up at Harbor Freight or many of the other manufacturers, depending on your needs. The hitch is going to be the key, make sure you get a solid well-made hitch and then whatever you decide to pull behind should be good.

Reactions: Dusty Boots

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I was going to ask what your budget was like. My trailer was made from a 40”x48” Trailer from Northern Tool. I bolted a 20 cu. ft. Cargo carrier to it and it served us well for several years.

·
Super Moderator
26,155 Posts
Reactions: 13SicVic and Trout

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to ask what your budget was like. My trailer was made from a 40"x48" Trailer from Northern Tool. I bolted a 20 cu. ft. Cargo carrier to it and it served us well for several years.[/QUOTE

Hey thank you very much. I'm going to check with Vic Only because they have the Entourage listed. So Ill call the direct after our Remembrance Day weekend is over. Could be pricey with exchange rate, shipping, taxes and duties but new and maybe worth it overall.

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts
I don't know what brand my buddy had but here's how he chose:

Had the best hitch put on bike, then went to different dealers and tried them...low and high speed. His wife followed to dealer with some weight to put in....took 6 dealers before he found one. Had a Beemer, did lots of hi-speed riding.

Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I don't have one but I'd like to. I like the look and function of these. I like how they pull and that I could take it off and leave it in my hotel room.

Motorcycle Trailers, Motorcycle Trailer Parts & Accessories
I have two friends that have those trailers and they both love them. One of them lives in Ontario and pulls it every year to the Mid-Atlantic Meet behind his M109R. It is cool how the trailer leans with the bike. Eliminates the need for a pivioting hitch.

View attachment 504389

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
174 Posts
Don't own one but have three friends who have each put on a lot of miles pulling a trailer. All three own Bushtec and say they wouldn't pull anything else.

Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I've always like the look of the Bushtec Entourage with the XC, but they don't offer that specific model anymore. This is the one that caught my eye I found online. BUSHTEC TRAILERS PERFECT MATCH WITH VICTORY

View attachment 504371

I now realize that if I ever decided to pull a trailer, I'd take molds of my saddlebags and fender and make one myself out of fiberglass that perfectly matches the lines of the bike (or pick up a couple used damaged bags and use those to build it out something I like.

Many guys will go pick a cheap trailer up at Harbor Freight or many of the other manufacturers, depending on your needs. The hitch is going to be the key, make sure you get a solid well-made hitch and then whatever you decide to pull behind should be good.
Making the fenderwells out of saddlebags ike what you indicated is a great idea. You could also get those aftermarket ones that are supposed to be the same at an affordable price too.
The trailer you have now though is very nice!

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Need more data on what you want from a trailer. There are freaking awesome camper trailers, cargo trailers, you name it.
I post a link to this one every time the subject comes up because I like the minimalist nature of it, and ease of storage.
Eaglemate motorcycle trailers

I personally have this one...

Rally Wagon Motorcycle Trailer

Buying a mc trailer is like buying a bike.. there's a lot to choose from and it's up to you to decide what fits best for what you want out of it. I would suggest a site you can go to learn a butt-ton about the subject from people who are 'experts' on the field... motocampers dot com.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I've never seen those Eaglemate trailers before, quite a unique concept. I like 'em. Looks a little pricy for what they are, but if they are selling then so be it.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Yah, it's pretty much the only reason I haven't bought one myself. I had some concerns about the weight it might put on a luggage rack. The testimonials for them are pretty positive and seem genuine, but grain of salt.... I did reach out to them at one point about making the mounting plate fit on a Vic and they said they could fab whatever was needed if the dimensions etc were provided them, so I guess they can do custom builds.
I always look at this pic when I wonder how much you could put on one...

I also figure it can't be too hard on the back of the bike if you can do this with it...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Reactions: DC907

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Those are pretty nice trailers.. but man are they proud of 'em. STARTING at 2,800 bucks, not including the hitch? Ouch. I can get a really nice CAMPER trailer for almost exactly the same price.. in a minimate.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I also figure it can't be too hard on the back of the bike if you can do this with it...

Good for passengers with casts on their legs. STRAP IN! :D :D

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Making the fenderwells out of saddlebags ike what you indicated is a great idea. You could also get those aftermarket ones that are supposed to be the same at an affordable price too.
The trailer you have now though is very nice!
It's not mine, just saw it online a couple years ago when I was looking to go that route. But I agree, it's a nice trailer and flows well.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Here's a pic of the homemade trailer I had on my Suzuki Cavalcade. This same trailer was used with my Goldwing for a bunch of years also.

Reactions: Trout and bobzinger
1 - 20 of 26 Posts