VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I was planning on installing a new kickstand pad today and I remembered I had wanted to check the kickstand because it seemed to me that ever since I purchased the bike the kickstand had alot more motion in it than I was used to. The bike also seemed to lean over very very far when on the stand.

Well, once I got down there and started looking around I discovered that the kickstand was backed out about a 1/2" and was very difficult to turn. After I got the bolt out this is what I found:

After looking at the parts diagrams I realize that the nut holding the bolt had come off at some point and allowed the bolt to back out.
Wood Auto part Tool Household hardware Plastic
Wood Automotive tire Auto part Coil spring Metal
Hand tool Office supplies Tool Wood Automotive exterior
Bicycle part Electric blue Pet supply Auto part Metal

Needless to say, I have a new kickstand nut and bolt coming in the mail.

So check your kickstand hardware just in case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Punctuation is key! I ordered a new kickstand as well. I ordered a kickstand, nut, and bolt ( left out the comma in the op).

That crack was what I was trying to show in my poorly taken pictures. :)

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Nice catch, better than finding your bike lying on it's tip-overs one morning. Thanks for the heads up !!.

·
Registered
266 Posts
We had a Vision traded a few months ago that had the same problem. That thing leaned way over. Scary.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Yessir, mine was doing the same thing. That is why I went to the Big Boy Side Stand. I was very fortunate That I was able to obtain one of those from the Vic Police Bike folks out of AZ before they went away. So far so good...

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I swapped mine out a while back with am Arizona Police Big Boy stand. Fantastic upgrade!. I thought they were still selling them by phone order.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My kickstand bent. So i no longer sit on my bike , with or with out a passenger on the kickstand. And my replacement I bought 2 years ago I thinking starting to bend as well... I do have the big hokey puck kickstand pad as well ..

About a week ago i installed the king center stand .. I love how much less room it take a up in my garage now . When on the center stand

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Where are the kick stands bending? Trying to determine if mine has this symptom. Seems like it leans a bit farther than necessary but it doesn't look abnormal. It could use the rubber pad thing under the foot though.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Witch doctors

·
Registered
390 Posts
Anyway to get to the Pork Chops website besides Facebook? I don't want to join FB just for the puck. There are enough websites being hacked besides FB but I have no use for FB in my life.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.