VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently was in an accident on my BMW LT. It was low speed but they total easily and so I am in the market for a new bike. Granted that my insurance doesn't sky rocket. I like the looks of the Victory Vision and the ease of maintenance compared to the LT's. Here are my ?'s. Compared to an LT does the Vision vibrate? The LT was butter smooth. I really like going on long rides and don't want my hands going numb. I use the stereo a lot, can you hear the Victory's at speed and can I hook my Zune up to it? I don't believe I want another LT as the ergonomics are not right for me. Any other things I should now before making the plunge? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
PrimePower said:
Compared to an LT does the Vision vibrate? The LT was butter smooth. I really like going on long rides and don't want my hands going numb.

I use the stereo a lot, can you hear the Victory's at speed and can I hook my Zune up to it?
While I can't compare a Vision to a BMW LT (as I've not spent any time on the LT), I can compare it to other bikes I've ridden.

My Goldwing-riding friend described it the best by saying that, "The Vision is like a Goldwing...but it feels like a REAL motorcycle." (See Video Below)

Unlike H-Ds I've owned, the Vision is much smoother, handles superbly and won't beat you up when you ride. As long as you don't squeeze too hard on the grips, you should not experience Numb Thumb. When stopped, the mirrors won't be vibrating and you'll see a clear image of what's behind you. When riding, the mirrors are very stable as well.

The Vision's stereo is more than adequate...not perfect, but adequate. While wearing a helmet at highway speeds, you should be able to hear the music without problems. There are some issues with the FM signal, but XM is much clearer and using an iPod delivers the best sound solutions on this bike.

You need to be aware that during hot days, you will notice the engine's heat. There's been numerous reports about the excessive heat that can be felt around the right ankle level. They have bolt on lower wind deflectors that assist in masking this problem while at speed, but do nothing when riding in stop and go traffic.

The handling and the ride of the Vision is what usually captures the attention of most potential buyers. So, after you take a test ride, report back to us with your comparision.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Road the LT 5 yrs ago, nice bike, but it was too refined for my liking, didn't feel like I was on a motorcycle.

I sold my FLHTC and bought a Vision Tour this year, all stock except I got the higher windshield, I'm 6'4"

To answer your questions
vibrate..... slightly, but mainly if you are running hard, I've done 2 eight day trips this year, the longest day being 13 hrs, no issues with my hands. I like to think of it as the Magic Finger Begs in the cheaper hotels that massage your entire body.....just kidding

My Stereo is on all the time, the FM won't pull in weak channels, and the AM is full of static. The WX band is good, and make sure you get the iPod cable if you have one, otherwise the standard 1/8" plug will do fine for other MP3 players, such as your Zune. You are able to control your iPod with the stereo buttons. I can hear it fine even at 80 MPH while wearing a 3/4 helmet.

What amazes me most about this bike is how easy I can flick it back and forth

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help, made a decision a little easier. I loved my LTbut I'm too tall without lowering the pegs and that is what contributedto my accident. Now for the fight with the insurance for fair marketvalue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more thing. Before I buy again, I would like some idea of the jumpmy insurance is going to take. This is my only accident, total claim ofaround $15k at most. I have progressive. Any idea of how much a hit I'mgoing to take because of the accident? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
PrimePower said:
Thanks for your help, made a decision a little easier. I loved my LTbut I'm too tall without lowering the pegs and that is what contributedto my accident. Now for the fight with the insurance for fair marketvalue.
Have you taken a test ride yet on the Vision? I'm sure we're all curious to read your opinion on how it compares (pros and cons) against your experience with an LT.

In terms of the seating position, the long (stock) floorboards are one of the most talked about features as it provides multiple seating positions. Others, including me, found that the addition of the Utopia Backrest was great for longer trips as it provides additional support.

Since you're a taller rider, you might consider asking the dealer to swap out the standard shield for the taller model. Personally, I liked the Cee Bailey's windshield better than the factory models.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

PrimePower said:
One more thing. Before I buy again, I would like some idea of the jumpmy insurance is going to take. This is my only accident, total claim ofaround $15k at most. I have progressive. Any idea of how much a hit I'mgoing to take because of the accident? Thanks
It really depends on how long you have been with Progressive. I had my personal car stolen about 4 years back and it was recovered but a total lose. The claim was north of 50k and since I was a member with no prior incidents for over two years they did not hold that against me on the replacement car. They will however re-check your drivers license for tickets.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, they couldn't quote me yet. But I was not issued any ticket. I went online to get a quote under another name but with an accident and it wasn't that bad. Hopefully soon I'll be an owner.

·
Registered
106 Posts

You will be amazed with the comfort of the Vision. I came from a BMW K1200LT and I spent $$$ trying to get that bike to fit my 6'7" frame. The Vision works perfect for any rider right out of the box. Just spend some time on one and you will love it.
Jon
2008 Vision Premium Tour

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.