VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some radio interference after a 4500 km trip.When checking wires i found the coil end of a plug wire had parted company with the connector.I reconnected it,but its a short term fix.Can I just use a normal good quality plug wire?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yes but there's better options. Unfortunately, living in Canada means you'll have to pay almost as much for shipping as the wires.

Victory Vision Ignition & Accsy's - Victory Vision - Shop Parts and Accessories - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts

ThunderVolts Colored Spark Plug Wires | LLOYD'Z Motor Workz

just to name a couple. You can also look for the spark plug numbers on amazon.ca but most are from the US and want way too much for shipping. I think it must be another profit center for them. One place I looked wanted $71 for the wires and $70 for the shipping.

So I've decided to build mine. Easy right?? Did it lots of times when I was younger and it only takes a few minutes. Nope, nobody carries the parts anymore. After a lot of looking I did find a NAPA store that had some of the connectors but no half decent wire. I took some silicone wires out of his grab-box but when I got home and measured them they are sitting at 4000 ohms per foot. No good as I'm after some in the 300 to 500 range

When I get to the big city next month I'll drop into a shop I know has all the parts. The ones I have are fine so I'm not in a big rush.

Just a final note. If you're really in a pinch use some needle nose pliers to get the connector off of the one you have and just re-terminate it. The clamp part may get a bit munched but it gets covered by the boot anyway.

Good luck and let me know if you find a source cheaper and faster.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
had a set of you build MSD wires for an older GM etc laying around but the ends fit poorly. got a great set of the Sumax 10.4 for my 13 hammer, fit great + works great but surely spendy for a couple of wires!

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Thunder Volts. Best wires for a Victory. Ask Lloyd.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Yeah ..... what he said...... twice

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yep! They are the best!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
@davealbee As iI indicated above I too am looking for plug wires but as I'm not in a big hurry I'll build a set when I get the right parts. However, in my looking for information I happened to notice there is a big difference in OEM spark plug wire specs for your Ness Vision and also for others like mine beginning in 2010. It may be limited to some bikes but I just wanted to pass that along so you don't order something that's not suitable.

Personally I think any good quality spark plug wire set will work fine. Newer technology ones as listed above offer proported increased spark due to less resistance but if our OEM wires did the job so too will just about anything else. Unless you're building a performance bike with other ignition system changes as well.

PS as a followup note here,,,,we used to build wire sets for the cars fairly easy and it still is if you can find someone with the parts. Not many places carry them any more. One thing I have found is the coil terminal for our bikes is so far impossible to find as an individual piece. I'll keep looking though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.