VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts
I read all over on here about the Penske shock BUT have a question/ concern:

Solo I ride with 40# in shock, not only for great ride, but correct ground clearance....love chasing @Mountainrider ...someday might catch him :devil3:
With wife 55# air in shock.....HER fault, NOT overweight, she likes ground clearance to .....chasing the above :rofl3:

Will the ground clearance be same solo as with passenger?

Reactions: Mountainrider

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I do not see anything wrong with the factory shock. After all it is an air shock on the X bikes. I run 50 lbs of air because I need the clearance. Yes the ride is a little harsh but it seems to stay planted. I have seen where people posted they were dragging their extensions on the muffler. That's because the tail end of the bike is too low. A bike handles better if the tail is up a little more than the front. It turns in quicker. I see so many people spending money to improve their bikes and me I am happy as hell with my bike just like it is. The X bikes are great bikes. If my shock were to go bad I would most likely just find a good used shock on Ebay. As always this is just my opinion and you can do whatever you want. Being happy is all that matters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Thx Mountainrider. I saw that thread which prompted my search for Progressive. Progressive is cheaper and quicker to obtain. I just need a confirmation the one I listed is the same as the Penske for the X bikes
Surely somebody knows. Have you contacted Witchdoctors ? They would know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.