VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's try something new. Instead of complaining about our service experiences or highlighting issues on specific bikes or a less than satisfactory dealer experience (there's other places on line for those topics), let's use this thread as a way to provide productive input that the Factory could use to increase the customer (not the dealer, the RIDER) satisfaction. I'll get this topic started:

- A hotline phone number that can be used by the rider to contact the factory when we feel we aren't receiving the correct answers/responses from our local dealers.

- With expenses being cut by most major companies in this day and age, how about setting up a weekly Internet Video Conference between the Factory and the Dealer's Mechanics. This could act as an ongoing training method and gives the dealers ways to communicate new issues that have surfaced and seek methods of correcting them before they become widespread. It also works in the reverse as it gives the Factory an easy method to demonstrate new fixes for our bikes that may not be included in the service manuals. This would be a relatively inexpensive method as all that would be needed is a webcam and an internet connection.

- A complete overhaul of the factory website that places functionality over "prettyness" and includes more useful information, not only about the base bikes, but all the accessories as well. An example of this is that while many of us on this site are fairly knowledgeable about the bikes in the Victory lineup, it would be nice to know the inline changes or the non-visual improvements made when a new model year is announced. For example: What are the inline changes for bikes that were carried over from last year? Were any modifications made to the 2010 Vision that addresses the engine heat?

Get the picture?

Now, it's your turn. Let's keep this thread civil and provide what "hopefully" will be considered productive input for the factory so that they can see the questions we as riders have about Victory's products.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Just want to add to your website point. When I was shopping for a Vision they have a spot to compare bikes on their website. Great but if I am looking at a Vision I really dont need to know how it compares to a Vegas. We can go to NADA for that. But I would like to compare models and know what I am getting or not getting. Then some items just fall off the list of standard items, like cruise control some models show it some models dont, then I found out from another person here that they all come with it. I would like to see it more like most automotive websites. The wheel is already invented dont try to do it again.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Have all Polaris dealers become service centers even if they do not sell Victory. I think they could get rid of 50% of the rider complaints if we just had a place to get service done.

·
Registered
807 Posts

How about re-thinking the pricing on upgrade parts? How many riders actually leave their bikes in stock condition? The list of aftermarket manufacturers will grow based on demand, and Victory could be left holding their overpriced add-ons.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I would like to see them offer a base and a premium model Vision in all colors. I just went to their site and did the build your bike thing and if you get everything a premium had last year your in for an adder of $3000.00+. I am not sure how that effects the cost difference because they didn't have MSRP listed for the bike yet. But aside from the financial aspect, what the heck am I going to do with the amount of spare parts I end up with?

·
Registered
18 Posts

I like the suggestion of a weekly conference between the dealers and factory. The one addition or modification I would make to that: Have an internal Blog for dealers to post problems where the factory and/or other dealers can provide solutions.
Video-cons are like tele-cons, both parties have to be there. That's why I prefer blogs for corporate problem solving.
my .02

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dsjr70 said:
I would like to see them offer a base and a premium model Vision in all colors. I just went to their site and did the build your bike thing and if you get everything a premium had last year your in for an adder of $3000.00+. I am not sure how that effects the cost difference because they didn't have MSRP listed for the bike yet. But aside from the financial aspect, what the heck am I going to do with the amount of spare parts I end up with?
Like you, I'm a bit miffed at the pricing...or the lack of the MSRP base price of the bikes posted on the factory's website. It's not like they haven't figured out how much the Vision should be selling for...after all, it's in it's third generation.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clubford00 said:
Just because the 10s have been unveiled doesnt mean we will see them too soon. Thus no pricing.
I can only compare this year's announcement vs. last year's announcement...

And last year, the prices were released at the same time as the bikes were unveiled. For whatever reason, I'm finding it strange that we can't find the MSRP prices on ALL the new bikes on the factory website. Granted, while there will most likely be discounts at the Dealer level (sorry Dealers), the MSRP is just a point of reference for potential purchasers and one of the first questions asked by a someone considering a purchase.

Also, while Victory did an upgrade to the factory website, while I can't speak for others, it appears that it's running much slower and seems more complicated to navigate. It pales in comparison to other "factory" motorcycle websites.

The good news is that when compared to H-D, Victory does have a nice lineup for 2010. Yes, there are still some holes in the Victory lineup, but in this market, I'm wasn't expecting miracles. I was hoping for an announcment of an entry-level bike to get new riders in the showrooms and honestly felt that this could have been accomplished (as many rumors had stated) by teaming with another company.

After surfing some of the H-D forums, it seems that the loyalists are not too pleased with the 2010 H-D lineup. The Cross Country seems like the right bike for the times and is poised to be in a good position to compete with the rider who is considering a Street Glide.

But, I just can't get over the "skull" factory paint job. While beauty is in the eye of the beholder (and opinions ARE welcomed on this site), it's a real turn-off factor for me. It seems that the CC would be ideal for a two-tone paint job and would go well next to a two-tone Vision.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thoughts and ideas...
Entry-level bike: IMHO, It must be a class leader in order to be successful. And success would be defined as NOT losing the entry-level customer to other brands when they upgrade.
Stimulating sales: I don't think warranties are the way to go...at least not in today's market. Offer cash, special financing, deferred financing...or maybe $1k towards aftermarket Victory gear. Because a purchase like this is more emotional, people are more concerned with "how is it going to effect me know" rather than, "I know I've got a great warranty".
Attracting new riders: Offer free gear for the new rider, free lessons, discounted rentals, etc.
Attracting new Victory riders:Corporate can designate a certain number of demo/loaners for a given market that the dealerscan share and have them loan them out to riders of other brands to attract them to Victory.
my .02

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dsjr70 said:
I've seen some nice skull paint jobs (not for me) butI didnt care for that one.
Agreed. That factory "skull" treatment is just a bit over the top...especially around the side bags.

If Victory wanted to make a statement with the bike, why not bring in Peter Max? Now, that would be very cool!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.