VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im picking up my new 2009 vision premium tour hopefully at the end of the week. I have plans to make this. my only concern is the red lens has optic lines that may not allow u to count howmany bulbs are in there clearly. but boy they will glow. Here are the illustrations I put together.
Please excuse the arwork cuz i dont have fancy art programs. just used paint on microsoft lol.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
that's how it should've been factory which is one of my few complaints about the bike which are size of saddlebags, no helmet lock and reverting to incandescent bulbs when everything else has been LED since 2004.

Can't to wait to see the real thing.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Wow! That looks like a great mod!

I'm looking forward to following your progress on this upgrade!

Being seen from the rear is a good thing!

·
Registered
396 Posts
That might look pretty hot when you get it done.Options you might considerare also clear lenses, orto keep them all on all the time, and all of them simply get brighter when you apply the brakes. Chromeglow.com has plenty of customizable LED's, lots of places out there. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Bhaynes Thanks,
Having all the l.e.ds on and then just to make then brighter is alot easier, but it will not clarify the run, break, signal as prominante as my current design IMOA. I also wanted to keep it sleek and elegant. and refrain from making it look like its not stock.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
If you add some Reflective Pinstriping, your Vision will light up like a Christmas tree when riding at night. And, no wiring needed!

Visibility = Good!

I think you're onto something with this LED Mod. Please keep us posted.

While this is on a Spyder, in case you haven't seen this video, this will give you an example to the effectiveness of even a thin 1/8 inch wide reflective pinstripe:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy said:
If you add some Reflective Pinstriping, your Vision will light up like a Christmas tree when riding at night. And, no wiring needed!

Visibility = Good!

While this is on a Spyder, in case you haven't seen this video, this will give you an example to the effectiveness of even a thin 1/8 inch wide reflective pinstripe:
Hey Andy Thanks alot!
I love the job u did with the pinstripes. making the pinstriped flames would be killer.
Ill keep u posted. we are going to get hit with snow here in nj this weekend. Grrr! so my new 09 is at the dealer for a few more days :0(
I promise to have a quick turn around and if all works well Have them available for purchase through my partners. I spoke to Mike Song and he is pretty excied to see the final product also. pics and video will be available asap

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Soprano13 said:
Andy said:

Visibility = Good!

Hey Andy Thanks alot!
I love the job u did with the pinstripes. making the pinstriped flames would be killer.
Ill keep u posted. we are going to get hit with snow here in nj this weekend. Grrr! so my new 09 is at the dealer for a few more days :0(
I promise to have a quick turn around and if all works well Have them available for purchase through my partners
When you complete it, just ride it down to Florida and we'll do a nice video of it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.