VOG Forum banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Just got home at 3am after a late night out , seeing a mates band play.
Got on computer researching my bike probs.
Wound up on Rylans The Vic Shop site and have been on there another 3 hours , learning.
It's after 7am and I gotta get sleep.
Tell ya more when I wake

Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

· Registered
648 Posts
Yeah well without the Holy Throttle Body Boot the tune on the PC111 is useless anyway isn't it?
It's possibly very close and may make the job easier for Fred from ProCycle when he tunes it.
Probably the first thing to do is ascertain if Indian at Southport can tune the TPS with their Digital Wrench....Kev at Arrow seems to think they can.
Wouldn't Digital Wrench point out any other faults in the system too?
Ive been thinking of removing the throttle body boot to recheck my work in fitting it.
The O-rings had to be physically held in their grooves with RTV Silicon, it's possible something's amiss in the mating surfaces I guess.
If there's nothing wrong with the TPS, and with the damaged boot, one would think that replacing the boot should fix the problem.
Logically .
Kev thought maybe the Holy Boot was masking the fact the boot was torn where it mates to the rear cylinders intake ports.
Sounds feasible.
Does a PCIII run an individual tune for each port

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Does a PCIII run an individual tune for each port
Dunno mate, PCV does, I can ask Rylan, just woke for a pee at 930am looking back at my last msg I've had 3 hrs sleep, gonna grab more.
.maybe someone else can answer that.

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Up now and remember the old "what did you last touch" theory.
Well apart from the very sexy lady I was chatting to at last night's gig, I've decided to take the throttle body off again and go over everything.

The o rings are still in place, thought one may have moved in assembly.
Just scraping the old RTV off with my fingernail.
Can't really see anything amiss at the moment but I'm gonna really take my time and check wires and stuff under the tank while I'm in this area again.
Personal protective equipment Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Diving mask

Automotive engine gasket Audio equipment Personal protective equipment Gas Auto part

Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 · (Edited)
While the TB is off be sure the air passage holes just under the butterfly plates are clear.
Good Morning, 🌄 Just woke up after another very late night.
Throttle Body or TB for short, is back on there now.
When it was off this time I thoroughly cleaned off the RTV from both surfaces with my thumbnail ( works great no scratching) then 'rinsed' with
TB Cleaner sprayed over surfaces spraying into those holes in question plus the small holes in the TB mounting plate, then followed up with a good blowout with compressed air from my air blower, as I would Carby parts.

Now the RTV was advised to be a "thin smear" and that's all I used, the minimum for coverage of the mating surfaces staying clear of Venturis and small holes.
Mated tightened very lightly and left for a few hours then tightens properly after.
Taking care not to overtighten and possibly warp the mating like you can bolting a carburettor down to hard

On test ride bike idled 'ok' and performed 'ok' , the tune I'd obviously out because there's no "lope kit" intake boot mod that the engine was super tuned to.
TPS needs reset too as after 30 mile nightride I pulled up at my garage door left the bike idling for a few minutes while I went inside and opened the main doors.
Came out got on the bike , turned it off ...waited ten seconds turned it back on and started it....
The idle went 'fluffy' again straight away.
I put the bike away..

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Well since you're that far back into it, be sure to check out the injectors if you can. There's a way to test them to make sure they are spraying the way they're supposed to and not getting clogged up.
Too late Bob , that was yesterday, the above post I just found sitting in the limbo that now exists since the site upgrade , where posts seem to go up but actually don't and sit in a waiting room till I return hours or a day later......
Today, which is actually today I made phone calls to INDIAN Dealership in Southport a big town half hour north of me, there's a dealership there that has Digital Wrench, I rang and talked to Ben who runs the service dept.
He confirmed they have Digital Wrench and that they can do a TPS reset on my 06 Kingpin prior to me taking it to Fred at ProCycle Dyno for a full two cylinder Dyno Tune...
Ben suggested I call Fred first as he thinks Fred may be able to do the TPS reset as will as the tune , via the Power Commander and the bikes ECM( is that the right word? It's late, tired)
Anyway left a message on his phone and gonna email his shop now even though it's 12.58am

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Heard back from ProCycle Dyno,
Receptionist asked Fred and he can do the TPS reset as well as the Dyno Tune.
That's the good news.
Not so good is his missus is about to have a baby,
and he's not booking any more work in till Feb 24th as he's having some time off to be with her.
Fair enough, I can wait,
waited 6 months for the bike to arrive and that must be two years ago now I guess.
It can have a rest for a month.
It'll be interesting to see what numbers Fred can coax out of it DownUnder..
Engines seem to produce more horses in the Northern Hemisphere than the Southern.
Car builders down here often import engines from the United States and they never spin up the same numbers down here.
Not that you'se would exaggerate or anything.
Personally I think it's the Earth's magnetic field and the way the water runs down the drain, the way your tornados rotate in the opposite direction to our cyclones.
Anyway we will see if Fred can match or better the 134HP that it certainly felt like it had when it was running good.
Actually it still feels strong but not 100% and I don't wanna hurt it.
The $70 TPS arrived today, I might bolt it on and see if it makes any difference,
I doubt it will.
It'll be interesting to compare the volts values closes and WFO throttle of the original and the two aftermarket LS1 items see which is closest to the factory specs in the workshop manual on Rylan's website

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
UPDATE.
Borrowed a good fuel pressure tester and I have the required 50 psi .
So that discounts one thing.
Gonna try get hold of an O2 sensor and see how far out the mixtures are.
Rest is waiting for Fred to get back to dyno.....unless there's a cancellation.🙏
Off to Vietnam Veterans and Vetarans Australia 🇦🇺Day Poker Run in 15 mins.
Riding the XC 👍

· Registered
6,852 Posts
I know I’m not the only one bumming about the tuning delay. Please keep this thread active as it will most certainly help many others as well.

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
I know I’m not the only one bumming about the tuning delay. Please keep this thread active as it will most certainly help many others as well.
Yeah ,of course, Ive also taken life membership on Rylan's site

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Last msg was rushed as we were leaving the pub for the next one , here now and it's the lunch stop, actually I best go draw next card.
Well over a hundred bikes maybe 200, ...Yeah, thought I'd better join up fully at The Vic Shop, Rylans knowledge is sure to prove invaluable right now and in the future.
Anyway a few pix from the run.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Sky Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
3,658 Posts
@Motorbikerx have you considered repairing the old TB adapter and throwing it back on to see if that “fixes” the tune. I know it was buggered, but maybe the rubber epoxy would hold long enough to try it out?

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Two actually in that shot the one in the foreground and mine a little deeper in.
Saw quite a few Vics today actually, a popular bike DownUnder for those of us 'in the know'

Poker Hand was looking lousy and the humidity is off the Richter scale to we high tailed in to an air conditioned pub closer to home.
Just enjoying an iced water and working out where to go next.
There's a car show near here but one of my missing brain cells days there's a good band playing somewhere too

· Registered
9,779 Posts
On a trip once and it was HOOOOOOTTTTT!! Stopped into a mexican joint for a late lunch and told them to just leave the pitcher of water on the table. Was gone by the time they got back for our order.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts