VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hows everbody doing today. i would like anybody out there to share some info,
about aftermarket preformane exaust. my kingpin has the stage1.swept pipes.
i dont like them.also does anybody have any issues,with the stock pipes that
i might go back to. thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
contact Lloyd at:

www.quickvic-usa.com he helped me a lot with my exhaust set up when I went to the Stage 3 performance package. May take a bit to get a hold of him, but he knows Vic's and their performace capabilities.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

mdisante said:
Lloyd seems to like the Stage-One slip on mufflers and the Victory Performance drag pipes. These are both made by Vance and Hines. Very good quality and a very significant performance increase. The drag pipes are slightly louder than the stage-one slip on mufflers, but not bad, unless you really jump on the throttle!

I would go by whatever Lloyd recommends. He is most definitely the Victory GURU!
The Slip ons are made by a couple of companies that nobody ever heard of, and not by V&H. The Drag pipes are made by Cobra, and have been sine their intro in 05. The only pipes that V&H made for Vicwere the "Full Performance" pipes from 03-07. They looked much like the stock pipes only cleaner, and lighter
Back to the original question. Returning to a stock pipe will require replacement of the right frame rail that was cut off to install the swept pipes

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can't go wrong with RPW pipes which are well made and they have great customer service. I have the RPW Big Deal 2 into 1 which has a nice deep sound and makes as good a power as any pipe out there. RPW offers a quieter baffle also if you want a little less noise.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Windnut said:
You can't go wrong with RPW pipes which are well made and they have great customer service. I have the RPW Big Deal 2 into 1 which has a nice deep sound and makes as good a power as any pipe out there. RPW offers a quieter baffle also if you want a little less noise.
+1 on the rpw 2-1 pipe great sound w/my modafide baffles nice and mellow at cruising but crack the throttle and thay bark !!

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Victory technician at Victory in Melbourne is pretty confident that all the Victory performance pipes are made by Cobra. He told me that the Cobra factory is in California and all the pipes are wrapped in Californian newspapers upon delivery. Would he be correct?

·
Registered
717 Posts
RPW True Duals look and sound amazing.Big
HPincrease over the Stage One Pipes I had on her.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

John58 said:
The Victory technician at Victory in Melbourne is pretty confident that all the Victory performance pipes are made by Cobra. He told me that the Cobra factory is in California and all the pipes are wrapped in Californian newspapers upon delivery. Would he be correct?
He is correct. Since 06 all Vic brandedperformance pipes except the S1 slip ons have been made by Cobra.
Had a M109 on the Dyno today, and it had Cobra swept pipes on it. Was kinda wierd seeing those pipes on another brand bike

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
kevinx01 said:
Had a M109 on the Dyno today, and it had Cobra swept pipes on it. Was kinda wierd seeing those pipes on another brand bike
Since I am the token Suzuki guy here what did it pull? I have the Hard Chrome 2-1 on mine...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
dsjr70 said:
kevinx01 said:
Since I am the token Suzuki guy here what did it pull? I have the Hard Chrome 2-1 on mine...
104.9/105 with the air filter in place. Unbolted the filters so the bike could draw some cooler air, and it made 109/107. An intake, and controller should get him to the high teens for both

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
kevinx01 said:
dsjr70 said:
kevinx01 said:
104.9/105 with the air filter in place. Unbolted the filters so the bike could draw some cooler air, and it made 109/107. An intake, and controller should get him to the high teens for both
Nice, how much do you think is lost through the shaft drive? There is a guy in Daytona doing a chain set up for the 109's, just curious if it would be worth it. He doen't have any dyno numbers yet and I would be hesitant of believing numbers from the guy selling the set-up.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
dsjr70 said:
kevinx01 said:
dsjr70 said:
kevinx01 said:
Nice, how much do you think is lost through the shaft drive? There is a guy in Daytona doing a chain set up for the 109's, just curious if it would be worth it. He doen't have any dyno numbers yet and I would be hesitant of believing numbers from the guy selling the set-up.
As far as I know the shaft is good out to 15oFtLb, and while you would reolly pick up some HP I doubt the $ to HP ratio would be worth it. Lots of easy power available with the 109

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Actually it is not losing all that much from the shaft drive, I expected more lose. I think the Suzuki claim 127 and I assume that is the engine before the lose through the shaft drive. I was playing with a V-Max the other day and it just seemed like he was running extremely slow and I figured it was because of the shaft since he has me by atleast 30hp.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
John58 said:
He told me that the Cobra factory is in California and all the pipes are wrapped in Californian newspapers upon delivery. Would he be correct?
Yes, I've been there. It's in Yorba Linda, California. While it's only around 40 miles outside of Los Angeles, in the afternoon rush hour traffic, it took nearly two hours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.