VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Posting here for visibility, as all our power plants are the same. Hope thats not an issue.

Late last year i picked up, what in my opinion, will most likely be the best deal of my entire life. Long and short i grabbed a 2015 Gunner with 1300 miles for under $6k. After riding what i can this summer (New England has been terrible this year) Id like to pull the trigger on some upgrades before things start disappearing for these bikes.

Below is the list of what i understand are pretty standard mods, and I would just like a few thumbs ups to make sure I'm not missing something big. Ill be installing everything myself, and then taking it to either LLoydz or Rob's
in MA for a Dyno. After sifting through the countless threads full of info on here i believe this will give me the best and long lasting bang for my buck. Thanks in advance for any input :beer2:

- LLoydz Torque Tubes Intake
-PCM V
- RPW "Deal" Exahust (This is the shorter 2-1 of the two lengths available. I spent a decent amount of time going between this and the "Thor", but at the end of the day the aesthetics of a trumpet exhaust just don't do it for me.)
-LLoydz Timing wheel
-1/4 Turn throttle
-A few odds and ends while the bikes is already under the knife, New spark plug wires, grips, etc.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Where are you located? That can have something to do with how you go about getting your tune done. The PC-V may not be your best bet.

What model and year. A lot of people just fill in the basic info like location then add their bike model and year to their signature line so people don't have to keep asking the same question over and over again.

The timing wheel may not be needed if you use a different tuning method and you may not like the 1/4 turn throttle attachment. Not everyone does.

Torque Tubes tells me the bike is likely a steel frame of some variety. If so then yes; those are a good intake.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Where are you located? That can have something to do with how you go about getting your tune done. The PC-V may not be your best bet.

What model and year. A lot of people just fill in the basic info like location then add their bike model and year to their signature line so people don't have to keep asking the same question over and over again.
All answers in his text.

2015 Gunner

New England

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Congrats & you stole that bike!
Gunner was my first Vic, great bike.

Add in cams you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi All,

Posting here for visibility, as all our power plants are the same. Hope thats not an issue.

Late last year i picked up, what in my opinion, will most likely be the best deal of my entire life. Long and short i grabbed a 2015 Gunner with 1300 miles for under $6k. After riding what i can this summer (New England has been terrible this year) Id like to pull the trigger on some upgrades before things start disappearing for these bikes.

Below is the list of what i understand are pretty standard mods, and I would just like a few thumbs ups to make sure I'm not missing something big. Ill be installing everything myself, and then taking it to either LLoydz or Rob's
in MA for a Dyno. After sifting through the countless threads full of info on here i believe this will give me the best and long lasting bang for my buck. Thanks in advance for any input :beer2:

-PCM V
- RPW "Deal" Exahust (This is the shorter 2-1 of the two lengths available. I spent a decent amount of time going between this and the "Thor", but at the end of the day the aesthetics of a trumpet exhaust just don't do it for me.)
-LLoydz Timing wheel
-1/4 Turn throttle
-A few odds and ends while the bikes is already under the knife, New spark plug wires, grips, etc.
Didn't see where you wrote cames... must have been in tini tiny letters?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have an 08 Vision with cams and IAC.
In hindsight I wish I would’ve left it stock.
Seems that aftermarket stuff always leads to more maintenance and issues.

That’s my 2 penny’s.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Yep keep it on the down low because you stole that one for sure!

Like mentioned. If I were you, I'd skip the timing wheel and PCV and go with a Maximus

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I'd go with the Maximus too as long as you have a few extra bucks for a longer tuning session. In the end it not only replaces the PCV and timing wheel, but also replaces an ECU trip to Lloydz. It's just a bit more to tune from what was posted by those in the know.
A front UD sprocket from Conquest Customs is a must!
Another thing to add if you can find them is rear passenger pegs, and if your considering bags those XR leather look bags do great on steel frame bikes.
Carbon fiber brake rotors look bitchin too!
Damn I like spending other peoples money! LoL!

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
-PCM V
-LLoydz Timing wheel
-1/4 Turn throttle
Cams
Under drive pulley
Speed limiter removed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for the reply's! Leaving the gentlemen's house i still couldn't believe it was real. Bike was mint with the exception of a little corrosion on the tops of the cam adjusters. Still trying to figure a way to clean that up. The Rear passenger butt pad and pegs were included, as was his original invoice....... Steal is an understatement.

I am located in Western MA for those who were interested. I was going to pass on the 1/4 turn, however the guys that got me into riding have collectively 3 Cross Country's, a Vegas and a Highball....every single one of which has the 1/4 so I'm being persuaded.

I have not heard of the Maximus, which seems amazing considering how long ive been lurking for information here. My understanding was that the Timing wheel will "take care" of tuning under 2500rpm, and the PCV handles above that mark. Just need to remember that the timing wheel changes your base line for further tuning etc etc. Does the Maximus let you do everything in one go? i assume were talking about this guy here: http://technoresearch.com/index.php/products/for-single-user/maximus-vl

As for increased maintenance, Can you elaborate? Anything done poorly will obviously increase chances of issues, however if the mods are done correctly what would the primary concern be? increased wear on certain internal parts do to power bands? Genuine question.

Thanks again for all the input!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Ok in some ways these answers have me baffled!
First of all the tourqe tubes on there own are a marvelous addition,second you will leave so much on the table if you do not include cams!!!!!
Now the 1/4 turn throttle,is a great addition but it is designed for a more specific use!
Turning on fast without haveing the wraparound required!
Makeing hyway and constant driveing a bit more variable!not a bad thing just different!
Some dislike the shorter range of motion it provides a bit more jerky .( personal choic) if your putting 25 more ponies inside that thing ,I'm thinking you will enjoy the shorter range if you want more twist!more cruising fuller range leave the throttle full range .
Now tuneners!
Start over from the start!
Without a dyno tune you will be leaveing lots out
And not gaining everything you paid for!
If you don't care ahout that then just have them punch in some book numbers and go with it!

Maximus verses PC5
Maximus offers a full range without the addition of1 the ajustable timeing wheel as it is able to ajust timeing below and above 2500 to me
PC5 requires the ajustable timeing wheel to ajust below 2500 Rpms!
Both are great Rylan from The Vic Shop sugests he is able to gain a bit more from the Maximus on a dyno tune over the PC5! Although from what I understand it requires a bit more time to fine tune properly to get the little bit extra ! Very small increase! And a bit higher cost due to time spent turning!
Have heard no other such claims but he is definetly one of our boards great tuners!
I cannot stress enough the nessesity to have a good dyno tune tune to the bike after all the mods are in place includeing cams and tuner!
Without doing so would be just Stupid!
Canned tunes are nothing like the Real thing!

On a side note ,getting that Gunner for 6 k puts you in im thinking a class of folks that pay attention to investments, if this is the case ,I'm sure that you will use your wisdom and include the dyno tune and cams!
That 106 will come alive!
Enjoy the hell out of that Gunner and by all ,means keep us posted!best of luck!

Reactions: Trout

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the input.

Just to reiterate, i WILL be getting it dyno'd once its all said and done. As highlighted in the first post, i am between two shops (LLoydz or Robs) but it will happen. I know LLoydz is the golden name around here but from my findings Rob is a stand up guy that knows these bikes, and is SIGNIFICANTLY closer to home base for me.

Cams have defiantly been rolled around a few times. I'm typically a buy once cry once kinda guy, however that extra ~$1100 is a swing for me right now. Id most likely have to wait until next season.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Thanks for the input.

Just to reiterate, i WILL be getting it dyno'd once its all said and done. As highlighted in the first post, i am between two shops (LLoydz or Robs) but it will happen. I know LLoydz is the golden name around here but from my findings Rob is a stand up guy that knows these bikes, and is SIGNIFICANTLY closer to home base for me.

Cams have defiantly been rolled around a few times. I'm typically a buy once cry once kinda guy, however that extra ~$1100 is a swing for me right now. Id most likely have to wait until next season.
Then wait. Gather up all the parts & sit on them until you can do it right one time.
When it's done you will think that you just got a new bike.
Seriously.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Thanks for the input.

I completly understand the factor of economics rearing its ugly head!
That son of a [email protected] sets the hooks to most of us !
My turn to reiterate now . DO what ya need to do my friend and enjoy the hell out of that thing!
Try not to get pinched by the cops to much !They to can spoil your day for ya, enjoy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.