VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like some help with tracking down the locations of the connectors and possible fuses, that give power to the cruise and turn signal assembly on the handle bars.

I have no turn signals, no horn, no flasher, and on the other side of the bars, no cruise. No power so I can't run the self diagnosis. Manual really doesn't say what to do if theres no power. I have replaced all the small fuses, the flasher relay, the master fuse in it's own little holder, all in the fuse box. And just bought a new flasher module and nothing. I didn't think it was the module but what the heck, might as well try right. So I really need help starting at a point of power and starting there.

Any help would be great. BTW I just bought this bike and have already done the clutch cable within 2 rides and now this. SMH

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Sorry this isn't the best photo, it's what I have, anyway, looks like there's a connector that could be the cause of all of your issues, this is located in the fairing I assume:

Rectangle Font Parallel Schematic Slope

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry this isn't the best photo, it's what I have, anyway, looks like there's a connector that could be the cause of all of your issues, this is located in the fairing I assume:

View attachment 551537
Thank you. I looked at the connection. It's actually in really good shape. Dielectric grease and all.

I really think there's got to be a leading power supply from somewhere that goes to something that ties the cruise and turn signal cluster together.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Do you have a temp reading on the display, fuel level? Could be a broken ground wire to that connector if other things aren't working, otherwise could be a canBUS issue. What about the relays in the fuse box? Did you replace those as well. If the bike was OFF when you connected the battery, it would have made the chassis hot, who knows what could have been damaged. Also did you check the 40A circuit breaker? Sorry if I'm going over what you've already checked or if I missed something. The horn/turn signal relay provides power to the flasher module.
Rectangle Slope Parallel Font Pattern

For cruise control, I can't find a relay but I suspect there's one somewhere. Here it tells you where to check for power to that module.

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Paper

I truly suspect you have a melted ground wire somewhere, that's the one thing common to all of the elctronics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have all the lights , sensors, gauges, radio, everything is normal as I can tell except whats mentioned. I have not pulled that plug apart or checked that ground. You think it has something to do with the blinkers, flashers, horn too?

I also don't have the little light that comes on in the middle of the off/on switch on the cruise nor the light emblem on the dash.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I would pull the connector apart and do continuity check on ground and check for power on the rest. Pull the connector under the seat too, check there for power as that page suggests for the cruise. ACM, Flasher Module, ECM all could be suspect. Any sensitive electronic device really, but I like to start simple: Battery terminals, 40A breaker, fuses/relays, grounds: battery to chassis, chassis to engine case, chassis to fuel tank, chassis to fairing bracket, etc. Ground checks are easy, use a test probe, connect + to battery and touch the probe to different metal parts of the bike. Look for weaker brightness or no light or no value on display. Or connect multimeter or ohmmeter to negative battery with setting on ohms and probe with other on parts of the bike, look for a value more than zero / OL / infinity sign. Move on to unplugging connectors and reconnecting, follow the harness along it's path.

I also like to step back and take a breather with electrical issues such as this. Then I make a list and methodically start checking things, even if I already checked. Here's a dumb question, was the bike running when you checked for cruise, turn signals, 4-ways and horn functionality or just key on? Do these things act same way with key ON, ACC? Same with Engine switch ON/OFF? Engine running/not?

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Go here -

MediaFire

Download this manual:

Font Number Rectangle Brand Logo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.