VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I tried doing a search for info on the power commander here on this site, but it kept freezing so i apologize if it has been addressed before. Anyway, I want to get more power from my bike so i am looking at the dynojet power commander. i think for the 08 you need the pc3. just looking for feedback and if anyone has installed it themselves or if you need to have someone who knows what they are doing install it.

I found a distributor that will sell if preconfigured with your own bike specs and info needed.

thanks

darren

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
What do you have on your bike that makes you think you need a PC?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The PCV works fine on the 08. DynoJet doesn't list it because they have never tested it on an 08, however, several 08 owners have added it with no problems... If you go this route I would highly recommend the autotune modules as well. This will keep your bike in perfect tune all the time....

·
Registered
35 Posts
PC increases throttle response and helps to improve mix when you have added pipes or intakes etc... PC5 is self adjusting - no maps. plug and go and it learns. I have that on mine and it runs great!

PC5, Lloydz Thundersticks, Vision Intake Plate from Lloydz, Ait Intake from Arlen Ness. Runs great and very quick for a V8 - not to mention the sound of the pipes is awesome!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the level 1 stage 2 exhaust on my bike and i dont like the sound plus it seems to run rough at the lower speeds. i thought adding the pc would help. i was told by kevin the the pc itself wont really do anthing though and pretty much waste of money unless you also do the cams. So i think i will make the trip to kevin and do the whole package.

·
Registered
73 Posts
darren, if your going PC, make sure you pony up the extra cash for the AT-100 auto tune modules. That's where the PC shines by making a perfectly tuned custom fuel map for each cylinder of your bike.... If you are thinking of just installing the PC by itself, your better off with the Lloydz VFC....

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

drdarren said:
i have the level 1 stage 2 exhaust on my bike and i dont like the sound plus it seems to run rough at the lower speeds. i thought adding the pc would help. i was told by kevin the the pc itself wont really do anthing though and pretty much waste of money unless you also do the cams. So i think i will make the trip to kevin and do the whole package.
If you head up to Kevin let me know and I will join you, but not on Sunday... :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
i AM running a PCV on my 2008 victory vision.. works great. and i love how i can plug my laptop into it and control the mapping and even see the TRUE rpms' its different from what the tach says.. in the near future im going to get the auto tuner!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dsjr70 said:
drdarren said:
If you head up to Kevin let me know and I will join you, but not on Sunday... :)
don, sounds great. are you interested in upgrading too? did you get another vision? do you know how long it would take to get there from your place? i sent kevin an email to see if we can go up in july.

darren

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I'm about 2 hours from Kevin but you have to pass my house to get there. No Vision yet, my new bike was supposed to be in yesterday but as of 3:00 it wasn't there :-( Hopefully today. Probably get another Vision in August, I want to wait and see what is new for 2011.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I think heis waiting on his 3rd Vegas. The guy has a bike fetish. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.