Power Commander V not getting power | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Power Commander V not getting power

Discussion in 'Ask TheVOG' started by smew7474, Sep 21, 2016.

1. smew7474

smew7474 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2009 Kingpin
    Hello all,
    I've installed a Power Commander V (PCV) on my 2009 Kingpin, however it is not getting power from the bike and the bike just turns over but will not crank. With the USB cord hooked to my laptop, it powers up and the bike will start. I have the ground connected to the negative battery terminal as instructed. I spoke with Dynojet rep who told me check battery voltage while trying to start the bike to ensure the voltage didn't drop to 10.5 or less. Checked the voltage...12.53 with no draw and only dropped to 11.3 while trying to start the bike. Oh, and this is my 2nd Power Commander module. The 1st one did the same exact thing so we assumed it was the PCV module so they sent me a new one, but evidently something on the bike isn't powering the PCV. Has anyone encountered this?

2. highball-106

highball-106 Active Member

2015 victory highball
    Sorry I havnt any ideas on this one, is it grounded properly. I ran mine to the negative battery terminal?

• Like Like x 1
  3. vision_nut

vision_nut Moderator Moderator

vision 08
    where are you getting power from for the PCV

4. smew7474

smew7474 New Member

2009 Kingpin
    Thanks for everyone's replies. Got it figured out! For anyone who may run into the same issue...the power source from the bike to the PCV is provided by the forward fuel injector connector. Not the coil or throttle control unit, as several people told me. After talking with a Dynojet (Power Commander) rep and him informing me the power source was the forward injector connector, I found that the connector required a little extra effort to make a good connection. At least now I (we) know where the power comes from! Thanks again!

5. cj_bravo

cj_bravo New Member

2006 Victory Hammer
    Just stumbled across this thread. I'm having problems with my wiring as mice chewed them and after repairing the wires via a soldered connection, I am not getting power to my PCV. This may be a stupid question, but when you say "forward fuel injector connector", are you referring to the one in the rear under the gas tank or the one towards the front of the bike? Only reason I asked is because the one in the rear points forward, and that is the one I had issues with regarding mice chewing the wires. What do you mean when the connector required a little extra effort to make a good connection?

Thank you

6. Cobra Rider

Cobra Rider Active Member

2014 XCT, 2011 XC, 1999 Suzuki LC
    The one for the front cylinder.

• Like Like x 1