VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've installed a Power Commander V (PCV) on my 2009 Kingpin, however it is not getting power from the bike and the bike just turns over but will not crank. With the USB cord hooked to my laptop, it powers up and the bike will start. I have the ground connected to the negative battery terminal as instructed. I spoke with Dynojet rep who told me check battery voltage while trying to start the bike to ensure the voltage didn't drop to 10.5 or less. Checked the voltage...12.53 with no draw and only dropped to 11.3 while trying to start the bike. Oh, and this is my 2nd Power Commander module. The 1st one did the same exact thing so we assumed it was the PCV module so they sent me a new one, but evidently something on the bike isn't powering the PCV. Has anyone encountered this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for everyone's replies. Got it figured out! For anyone who may run into the same issue...the power source from the bike to the PCV is provided by the forward fuel injector connector. Not the coil or throttle control unit, as several people told me. After talking with a Dynojet (Power Commander) rep and him informing me the power source was the forward injector connector, I found that the connector required a little extra effort to make a good connection. At least now I (we) know where the power comes from! Thanks again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for everyone's replies. Got it figured out! For anyone who may run into the same issue...the power source from the bike to the PCV is provided by the forward fuel injector connector. Not the coil or throttle control unit, as several people told me. After talking with a Dynojet (Power Commander) rep and him informing me the power source was the forward injector connector, I found that the connector required a little extra effort to make a good connection. At least now I (we) know where the power comes from! Thanks again!
Just stumbled across this thread. I'm having problems with my wiring as mice chewed them and after repairing the wires via a soldered connection, I am not getting power to my PCV. This may be a stupid question, but when you say "forward fuel injector connector", are you referring to the one in the rear under the gas tank or the one towards the front of the bike? Only reason I asked is because the one in the rear points forward, and that is the one I had issues with regarding mice chewing the wires. What do you mean when the connector required a little extra effort to make a good connection?

Thank you

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just stumbled across this thread. I'm having problems with my wiring as mice chewed them and after repairing the wires via a soldered connection, I am not getting power to my PCV. This may be a stupid question, but when you say "forward fuel injector connector", are you referring to the one in the rear under the gas tank or the one towards the front of the bike? Only reason I asked is because the one in the rear points forward, and that is the one I had issues with regarding mice chewing the wires. What do you mean when the connector required a little extra effort to make a good connection?

Thank you
The one for the front cylinder.

Reactions: cj_bravo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.