VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Im new to the site. Just purchased 2016 High Ball. I got the Bassani Turn out exhaust, but have not had them put on. Financially not ready. I was looking to buy the PC5 for it, and flirting with getting the Auto Tuner dual Channel. What are your thoughts? Do I really need the Auto Tuner Dual Channel? I also would like to get a new air intake or Torque Tubes down the road. Would the Auto Tuner keep me from having to pay a shop to Dyno my bike again?

Any advice or info would be really appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Hey all. Im new to the site. Just purchased 2016 High Ball. I got the Bassani Turn out exhaust, but have not had them put on. Financially not ready. I was looking to buy the PC5 for it, and flirting with getting the Auto Tuner dual Channel. What are your thoughts? Do I really need the Auto Tuner Dual Channel? I also would like to get a new air intake or Torque Tubes down the road. Would the Auto Tuner keep me from having to pay a shop to Dyno my bike again?

Any advice or info would be really appreciated. Thanks!
The auto-tuner is only as good as the guy that sets the parameters of the tune, I personally don't recommend them. You'll be much better off with a dyno or remote tune. That said, to get a proper tune with the PCV you will need the Lloydz timing gear. I would go with a Maximus flash tuner and a dyno or remote tune. If you give us your location we may be able to give you recommendations.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The auto-tuner is only as good as the guy that sets the parameters of the tune, I personally don't recommend them. You'll be much better off with a dyno or remote tune. That said, to get a proper tune with the PCV you will need the Lloydz timing gear. I would go with a Maximus flash tuner and a dyno or remote tune. If you give us your location we may be able to give you recommendations.
Im located in New Jersey

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will i need the timing gear if im just going to get the PC5 and have my pipes put on? is the timing gear something that could wait? I see if you get timing gear, then you need to change cam chain cover gasket? I am not mechanical, so this is all a little over my head. sorry

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
will i need the timing gear if im just going to get the PC5 and have my pipes put on? is the timing gear something that could wait? I see if you get timing gear, then you need to change cam chain cover gasket? I am not mechanical, so this is all a little over my head. sorry
The timing gear could wait but you'll find the more you do at the same time, the less you put out in the long run and the tune won't be optimal as you can't advance the timing below 2500 rpm's without it. Not being mechanically inclined is another vote for the Maximus, you plug it into the OBD port, flash the ECM and you're done.

Reactions: NOEMTZ

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Not being mechanically inclined is another vote for the Maximus, you plug it into the OBD port, flash the ECM and you're done.
I'll second this recommendation.

However if you are going to have someone like say Rollin' Fast Cycle Sports is located in Lebanon, NJ | New and Used Inventory for Sale | Victory, Polaris, Slingshot and more! you should check to see what they tune with.

Or just have them put the parts on when you get everything gathered up and schedule a remote tune with @NOEMTZ .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll second this recommendation.

However if you are going to have someone like say Rollin' Fast Cycle Sports is located in Lebanon, NJ | New and Used Inventory for Sale | Victory, Polaris, Slingshot and more! you should check to see what they tune with.

Or just have them put the parts on when you get everything gathered up and schedule a remote tune with @NOEMTZ .
thanks for your input. Im unsure as to where to have my bike worked on. its hard for me to trust someone, especially when im not mechanically inclined. trying to educate my self with these forums, but at the same time, it makes it very difficult to learn with so much different responses.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I ran my 2016 Cct for 36000km with pcv and Autotuner, I learned a lot and my bike ran 100% better each time I accepted trims and learned to recognize what was a good trim and which was bad. If I lived in the states as you do I would be getting on a dyno with one of the guys that know what their doing , whether you go with a pcv or a Maximus, best to get bike to a good Dynotuner, other option if you can’t get to a dyno is a remote tune for the Maximus. I’m switching over to Maximus myself , just removed the pcv and adjustable timing wheel. If you still feel the need to go with a pcv pm me , I have a timing wheel and pcv for sale along with a good map.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The timing gear could wait but you'll find the more you do at the same time, the less you put out in the long run and the tune won't be optimal as you can't advance the timing below 2500 rpm's without it. Not being mechanically inclined is another vote for the Maximus, you plug it into the OBD port, flash the ECM and you're done.
Maximus is a very good idea but, keep in mind if you flash the ecu and " if " you still have warranty, charging the ecu could void warranty. I have 3 years more on my extended warranty but I'm not going to concern myself with flashing the ecu.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The victory's come with a real good timing cover gasket, when I ordered my timing wheel I ordered the reusable gasket, it's still hanging on my wall in the packaging.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
@jaylamb727 The guys n gals over at Rollin Fast are great! We do a good amount of business with them. If you are going the PC5 route, i would suggest the timing wheel with the reusable gasket, but that can really be done at any time.

I do NOT suggest the autotune applications with Victorys. Hearing good stories from users is few and far between for my experience.

If you have any other questions, you can always call our shop ( Conquest Customs ) 561-715-9494
Welcome to the Vic family

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.