1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I like it. It is going to be interesting to see how they develop it. On the one hand it is exciting .On the other I am afraid it will be priced out of range.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Hmm

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
All-new 180bhp Triumph Rocket III planned for 2019 launch

That would be very sweet!!

180+BHP and 170+ BTQ from 2.5 Liter!!
All-new 180bhp Triumph Rocket III planned for 2019 launch

That would be very sweet!!

180+BHP and 170+ BTQ from 2.5 Liter!!
Hard to believe they killed the Busa because of EU but this makes it? wont believe it until I see it. if it does come out I am sure the HD FXDR is doomed. No other like muscle bike out there to touch it? But what if I tell you Ducati has something to say??? You better wait on this purchase,

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like it. It is going to be interesting to see how they develop it. On the one hand it is exciting .On the other I am afraid it will be priced out of range.
If you look at the current Rocket it states that has 221 Nm meaning 163 TQ at 2,740 and selling for $15,700 I don't think the price will be too much since they would only need to tweak a bit to get there.

Rocket III Roadster ABS | Triumph Motorcycles

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
I really like the styling of the drawing. The old R3 was an impressive machine, but pretty bland styling and I found it much too bulky and heavy to be something seriously interested in. If they can do this like Honda did to the new Goldwing by making it smaller and lighter I'd say they have a winner.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I really like the styling of the drawing. The old R3 was an impressive machine, but pretty bland styling and I found it much too bulky and heavy to be something seriously interested in. If they can do this like Honda did to the new Goldwing by making it smaller and lighter I'd say they have a winner.
then..... since I can't leave well enough alone …I take this bad boy and drop it off to Carpenter Racing .

Now your talkin' !!

Peter

·
Registered
304 Posts
OK, I'm kinda dreaming here. Rode a rocket 3 some years ago. Lots of fun. But it had some issues for touring. Now, with the mono shock design there would be room for monster bags like the xct plus better handling. Throw on a big trunk, nice fairing with adjustable windscreen and other touring trinkets.....now that would be something. And with a few mods like pipes, cams, intake and a tune maybe it would lay down 180-200 torque and HP at the rear wheel?? Sure wish they would do something with that boxy radiator tho. Like a triangle shaped radiator like on other bikes. So far tho, nothing on the market compares to the xct for the kind of riding I do. I don't take it to the track to drag race, but I am able to go through the mountains two up with luggage with ease. Lots of room in the bags for my oversize clothes and jackets. Plenty of room to stretch out. Plus it is reliable and has it's distinct looks.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Totally useless bike for those who take vacations on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
They had one years ago with leather bags and windshield. Maybe they think that go-fast bikes sell better. And they do. Nature's way of eliminating the excess population.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Love this bike, it could be a serious Game Changer! Can't wait to see the Touring version. Triumph is known for reasonable pricing, the Current Rocket lll Touring is like $17,500. If they make a real Touring bike out of this it could put a big hurt on Indian and Harley.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've watched some videos in the past and a few just now. Some of the 3-2 exhaust sounds almost OK. Some sound like an old 6 cyl Mercury outboard. Not that that's bad....grew up with one of those and still love that sound today. Not so sure on a motorcycle tho. That got me to wondering... Wonder what an R3 would sound like if one cylinder was silenced with a muffler. That would leave two cylinders at 240 degrees apart and minimal baffling??? I'm sure it would require individual cylinder tuning.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Totally useless bike for those who take vacations on 2 wheels.
I have a buddy that vacations on a Hyabusa. One big azz duffel bag and some bungies and he goes as far as anyone except Vision pilots. I don't see why one couldn't do the same with one of these.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.