VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

I'm Marc from Edmonton AB Canada, I am currently looking at a 16 XCT to buy, i have no interest in the trunk accept for long trips and I do carry a passenger so I am looking for passenger backrest for day to day riding, any idea where in Canada to get such a beast, I am also wondering if any one has a pin out diagram for the iPod connector, doesn't have it and I don't mind building an adaptor myself if possible!
View attachment 507561

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts
That's XCT.

It should have a AUX cable. I believe it is in the left lower fairing. If not there the right side bag.

Reactions: Stryder Boons

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Perhaps some sort of adapter, but I know very little of such things. Nice CCT, though. You will love the ride, And you will apreciate the trunk when needed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2012 CCT with both the passenger backrest and a tour pack. Currently, both are off but either can back on in a minute or two.

The 12 has a connection for a iPhone 4. I’m assuming a fitting can bring it to the newer versions but I haven’t looked yet.

P.S. love the bike!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check out Elk Island Polaris. Their in Fort sask! their prices are about the same as everyone else. If you can wait till spring, i usually saw a few backrests for sale on kijiji
I did my first test ride there this year, I was actually going to give them a call this week.... They were a good bunch of guys! I will keep an eye on kijiji

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
No, it doesn't have the 30 pin, not even the USB, just the aux in, I just want more control that's all
This cable source was found earlier this year...

I got my 2016 Vision 3 days befor the Factory closed. Been looking for an iPod adapter, couldn't find one, then read that Radio Sound manufactures our radios, and figured they probably manufactured the connectors as well. I emailed them, and sure enough not only they did they manufacture the Radios but also the iPod connectors, and they had an overstock of them.

$50 shipped from their plant in KY.

Call 1-800-367-4506 to order. Or email them at [email protected].
I recieved mine yesterday, looks good.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Good looking bike.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
The 12 has a connection for a iPhone 4. I'm assuming a fitting can bring it to the newer versions but I haven't looked yet.

P.S. love the bike!!
I also ride a 2012 CCT that came with the old style 30 pin adapter. Bought at Apple brand 30 pin to Lightning adapter cord. Runs my bike-dedicated iPhone 7 that I use for music. Full music control with the handlebar switches. The cheap $10 Chinese knockoffs don't allow music control. Buy Apple brand only.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
That Damn thing looks just like a Cross Country Tour!! :biggrin:

Congratulations! You will ride it and find it better every time you take it out. After all the time I've had with mine, I still like it better each time I ride it. Good for you, I don't believe you'll be in any way unhappy about your aquisition.

:clap:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.