VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become very interested in this bike, due to it's great value and uniqueness. I am checking out a 2013 with 20k on it. I would like some advise on what to look for. Also, I have been checking on parts, and would like to know whats the best drive belt, what kind, and where to get it? How hard is it to find OEM parts to keep these going? I know I will be looking for the trunk panel piece, cause I will remove the trunk. I thought Witchdoctor had them, were they making them themselves? I saw the one the gentleman posted here, but it is too early, since I have not taken ownership. Anyone make their own filler piece or luggage rack after removing the trunk?? Thanks everyone for the info here. I have downloaded the manual, and educating myself, now. I ride an FZ-09 now, and want a second bike to extend the riding season. I think this will be different enough from the FZ.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
You don't need a belt. They last 100,000 miles. They are always available.
Trunk close out panel is very hard to find.

Visions are awesome. Bulletproof. Rarely need anything but fuel and oil.

I have loved mine.

There is truly nothing to worry about-- just be aware that prices are down, which is good for the buyer, but bad if you want to sell.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
After you look it over for your test ride put the passenger floorboards down. They will help keep your ankles clear of the rear tipovers. Get your feet on the floorboards early and keep them there until completely stopped.

The belt is available elsewhere.

Street panel is on FB (I have a black one on hand)

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
What you want to look out for is long weekends in next year’s calendar and destinations far far away with lots of scenic riding to get there. Whatever you think a lot of miles are now, double it and that’s a nice day riding a Vision. Last good trip I had was the wife and I rode about 700 miles to get to Estes Park, CO. Guess what we did when we got there? We checked into a hotel room, dropped some gear off, then got back on the Vision to go exploring the town.

Finding parts to keep it on the road will be easy. Finding accessories like the closeout panel or luggage racks will be possible, but not quite so easy. If I ever buy another Vision it will have to already be equipped pretty much the way I want it.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
I think I can count on one hand how many times Ive seen a thread about changing a belt.

The Vision is great. You can not go wrong with one....or two.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
See if it's had it's front fender repaired... if not ya may have to do it yerself.
Check for an added computer... PCV or such.
All else is easy to come by... 'cept accessories.

·
Registered
417 Posts
At this point you probably ain't finding a trunk panel or lower deflectors, so try to get lucky on a bike that already has at least the lower deflectors. Agree with everyone else that there's really nothing to worry about aside from physical damage or horrific maintenance - even poor maintenance doesn't typically hurt them too often. Seriously durable machine.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The trunk panel and lower deflectors are hard to find but do pop up occasionally. I have had the panel on order at Witchdoctor for about 6 months. I gave up on stock lower deflectors and bought Baker Built Wings. They work great but don't' look as good as the stock ones. I think the back rest is hard to find also and a little pricy if you do find one. I just put 4K on mine and don't think there is a more comfortable bike out there for the money. Body parts might be hard to find in the future but engine parts, wheels, tires, belts etc. should be easily found. Because of the low prices on Visions it is one of the best values out there in my opinion. The engineers at Polaris put a lot of hard work and good engineering into this bike and it shows when you ride it. The guys on this forum are loaded with great information also. Good luck and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
deals are out there to be had. just ran across a red 2013 with 7,500 mi's on it , said he'd take 9k for it. had a driver back rest, trailer hitch, and looked like new tires too. if any ones interested i saw it at springfield motor sports ( springfield massachusetts ). it's not on their web site though, salesman said he was selling it for a friend. these machines are a bit weird looking but people who have never ridden one don't know what their missing. so glad i own one of these biatches:ride:

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
deals are out there to be had. just ran across a red 2013 with 7,500 mi's on it , said he'd take 9k for it. had a driver back rest, trailer hitch, and looked like new tires too. if any ones interested i saw it at springfield motor sports ( springfield massachusetts ). it's not on their web site though, salesman said he was selling it for a friend. these machines are a bit weird looking but people who have never ridden one don't know what their missing. so glad i own one of these biatches:ride:
I don't have one with a trailer hitch and I did like the red in 2013. It would great in the middle of my two black ones. Lol!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all, it will be a few weeks till I'm available to purchase, hope it is still around. I am gonna contact witch doctor to see what they do with the trunk panel, do they make them? I think I can get the air deflectors and make replacement blades from KYdex, the holster material. Hopefully, I'll be talking to you in the future.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
Thanks all, it will be a few weeks till I'm available to purchase, hope it is still around. I am gonna contact witch doctor to see what they do with the trunk panel, do they make them? I think I can get the air deflectors and make replacement blades from KYdex, the holster material. Hopefully, I'll be talking to you in the future.
They do not make them. Nobody but Victory has ever produced them and I have never seen anybody make their own.

As for the lower deflectors it is actually the mounts that are the hard part to find. Cyclops makes a metal fin replacement for both the lower and upper fins. I have them on my 13 and they have been great.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There are 2 rear filler panels currently on eBay...

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I will be selling a black filler panel after my black cherry panel arrives next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2015 Victory Vision with 29K on it for $11k, from the Arlen Ness dealership two months ago. I live east of Los Angeles County. I am in my sixties (healty/ex Marine) and we rode it down the Pacific Coast Highway and put a few thousand miles on it already: LOVE IT.
Be advised: it is not a light vehicle (land barge) but not as heavy as other touring bikes., but WOW is it fantastic on the long trip: it is AWESOME. I own a 2013 Victory Cross Country as well: love Victory's.

I have become very interested in this bike, due to it's great value and uniqueness. I am checking out a 2013 with 20k on it. I would like some advise on what to look for. Also, I have been checking on parts, and would like to know whats the best drive belt, what kind, and where to get it? How hard is it to find OEM parts to keep these going? I know I will be looking for the trunk panel piece, cause I will remove the trunk. I thought Witchdoctor had them, were they making them themselves? I saw the one the gentleman posted here, but it is too early, since I have not taken ownership. Anyone make their own filler piece or luggage rack after removing the trunk?? Thanks everyone for the info here. I have downloaded the manual, and educating myself, now. I ride an FZ-09 now, and want a second bike to extend the riding season. I think this will be different enough from the FZ.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again all. I have been saturating myself on cycletrader seeing what is out there. I finish a job I'm on in another week, so will have some time off, to set this in motion. Hopefully I can find one that suits me, otherwise I'll be headed the F6B route.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.