VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have experienced, like everyone else, the occasional backfire that sounds like a shotgun. It seems to have gotten better with time, but it still happens and it's embarrassing.
I am confused by the different interpretations of the problem, however. It seems that the general consensus is that the bikes are running lean when setup with the stage 1 kit. Does that seem accurate?
If the lean condition is causing the backfire we should be able to eliminate the problem by adding fuel or reducing airflow, right? What happens if we leave the stage 1 tune but return to the stock air intake instead of the stage 1 intake?

·
Registered
609 Posts
You must be new. This question has been beat to death over and over and over and over. Do a forum search and you'll find enough discussion on this topic you'll wish you hadn't asked.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Some people have had luck reducing the popping with a custom Idle Air Control valve from Lloyds. Do a search for IAC and you will find more info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I have done a search and read many different posts on this topic. The issue is, just like the response on this thread there are differentinterpretations about what fixes the problem or what causes the problem.Some have claimed the tuner card sold by Lloyds. Others have claimed the hew part mentioned the idle air controller might fix it.
I was hoping for a more technical discussion. Let's pretend the idle air controller can improve the problem (not eliminate it). Why? What's the technical reason that this will work?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Call Lloyd or ask KevinX for the technical reson

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Ive heard several people talk about this new valve and have seen some cartoon type pictures of it, but still have not seen a real review on it. Oh yeah put mine on works great, really helped the situation etc etc but no real review.
Is there one out there, or is this all hype and no one wants to admit they got taken for 80 bucks?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

I have posted on a couple of forums that I would gladly send my $80 for the Idle Control Valve as soon as someone gives me a straight up review, for the good.
It has been a few months since then and I find it hard to believe that i've only seen or heard of a couple of people that have tried this part, with limited success.
So , is every one out there like me, waiting for good reviews, or like Clubford said, not wanting to own up to wasting $80 bucks.
I can only hope that Victory reads these forums, maby one day they will man up and fix this " fixable " problem.
Strange how a lot of people speak of how " advanced " Victory is than Harley, but when I took my buddies 2008 HD Softtail out it never popped once !
Yes he had aftermarket exhaust, stage one, but odd, EPA compliant, not a pop to be heard.
The factory can fix this, they choose not to.
I'll go out soon and scare some more women and children with the constant backfiring, yes, I could put my stock exhaust back on, why should I have too ?
Seems like we are beating a dead horse here, but piss enough people off and Harley sales may see a rise as Victory sales decline.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
spider said:
I have posted on a couple of forums that I would gladly send my $80 for the Idle Control Valve as soon as someone gives me a straight up review, for the good.
It has been a few months since then and I find it hard to believe that i've only seen or heard of a couple of people that have tried this part, with limited success.
So , is every one out there like me, waiting for good reviews, or like Clubford said, not wanting to own up to wasting $80 bucks.
I can only hope that Victory reads these forums, maby one day they will man up and fix this " fixable " problem.
Strange how a lot of people speak of how " advanced " Victory is than Harley, but when I took my buddies 2008 HD Softtail out it never popped once !
Yes he had aftermarket exhaust, stage one, but odd, EPA compliant, not a pop to be heard.
The factory can fix this, they choose not to.
I'll go out soon and scare some more women and children with the constant backfiring, yes, I could put my stock exhaust back on, why should I have too ?
Seems like we are beating a dead horse here, but piss enough people off and Harley sales may see a rise as Victory sales decline.
Stop your whining, just go out and buy your New Cross Roads.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
spider said:
OneThumb said:
spider said:
OneThumb said:
Stop your whining, just go out and buy your New Cross Roads.
Watch it big guy or you will have to ride behindme next time, lol.
What, with you now working you won't be able to find the time.
LOL
Now that's just mean !
Forget about the poping, you are now going to hear bubble, bubble, bubble,burp. But I'll still POP in on you on my days off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.