VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed something when I went for a ride yesterday , Temperature outside was around 36 celcius , I couldn't get a pop out of my exhaust at all no matter if I left throttle partially open during shifting or fully closed , even if I shifted at lower rpm's I didn't get a pop. I run the PCV and Autotune and I have added fuel in my 0% column to try to help any popping. Now is it reasonable to say any normally unburned fuel in the exhaust pipe from the added fuel simple couldn't burn and make the popping because of the hot temperatures and bike running hotter, compared to when its cooler out and the bike is running cooler and excess fuel remaining in the exhaust?

This is what I mean by the added fuel

View attachment 490093

View attachment 490089 View attachment 490091

·
Registered
17,921 Posts
Higher Density Altitude meaning thinner air to match lean condition... At temps like that with humidity, the engine is at higher altitude. On hot days density atitude can be 2000 feet at sea level...

For example, the density altitude at an airport 7000 feet above sea level, with a temperature of 18 degrees Celsius and a pressure altitude of 7000 (assuming standard pressure) would be calculated as follows.
  • 18 - 1 = 17
  • 17 x 120 = 2040
  • 2040 + 7000 = 9040 feet Density Altitude
This means the aircraft will perform as if it were at 9,040 feet.
Density Altitude - AOPA
Jump to Tips for Flying in High Density Altitude Areas · Fly in the evening or early in the morning when temperatures are lower. Call a local instructor at your destination airport to discuss density altitude procedures

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Higher Density Altitude meaning thinner air to match lean condition... At temps like that with humidity, the engine is at higher altitude. On hot days density atitude can be 2000 feet at sea level...

For example, the density altitude at an airport 7000 feet above sea level, with a temperature of 18 degrees Celsius and a pressure altitude of 7000 (assuming standard pressure) would be calculated as follows.
  • 18 - 1 = 17
  • 17 x 120 = 2040
  • 2040 + 7000 = 9040 feet Density Altitude
This means the aircraft will perform as if it were at 9,040 feet.
Density Altitude - AOPA
Jump to Tips for Flying in High Density Altitude Areas · Fly in the evening or early in the morning when temperatures are lower. Call a local instructor at your destination airport to discuss density altitude procedures
Now that actually makes scence, it was quite a bit more humid. Also last nite I went out to check on the map and realized that I had actually changed all the larger numbers to 10's, so obviously I'm going in the right direction.

Reactions: Flyboy
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.