VOG Forum banner

Politics 2.0

401122 Views 17750 Replies 64 Participants Last post by  BBob
It was asked that we have a fresh start on politics and I thought it was a great idea. To start though I want to reiterate the goal is to remain free of name calling and personal attacks. I know we can do it.

So I will again say,

I want to be able to discuss anything and everything and have never felt the VOG should be just motorcycles. We are a motorcycle community sure, and being such we are a family with a common interest.... But not that sole interest. With that I do not believe we should only be allowed to talk bikes. Goodness, half our active members are about to park their bikes. What do they talk about? Bike covers? Boring!

So some of these other interests will be other shared like minded things and some not. I think we should be able to discuss whatever we want as a family no matter if we agree or disagree in a civilized manner.

Remember nobody is forced to participate or view threads they don't like. If you don't like a topic do not venture into the middle of it.

So with that if y'all want to continue in that way I need EVERYONE'S help.

• Stop the name calling.
  • Stop being rude.
  • No more references to sex acts with oneself or others.

I don't mean jokes and sarcasm. Not even dark humor. It's the mean name calling and overall rude behavior that we need to stop. No more personal attacks. That would make a huge difference and if we can do it give nobody a reason to shut anything down in the future.

I don't mind putting in the work here as I was here anyway, but it's certainly added to my plate. I'm happy to though because I enjoy this place. I think we can accomplish this but those that can't will be warned, then given a temporary ban, with a temporary or indefinite ban to follow.
17481 - 17500 of 17751 Posts

· Registered
7,142 Posts
Like I've said before. Many politicians probably have documents marked classified laying all over the place. The difference is how you handle it once they're exposed. So far Biden and now Pence are going about it the proper way. Both of them are fully cooperating to resolve the problem.
Trump on the other hand is the only one of the three that knowingly took the documents illegally WITHOUT declassifying them. Then did everything possible to not cooperate or give them back.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Like I've said before. Many politicians probably have documents marked classified laying all over the place. The difference is how you handle it once they're exposed. So far Biden and now Pence are going about it the proper way. Both of them are fully cooperating to resolve the problem.
Trump on the other hand is the only one of the three that knowingly took the documents illegally WITHOUT declassifying them. Then did everything possible to not cooperate or give them back.

You are probably correct about many politicians having classified documents at their residents. Not legal but that is probably the case because for some of them almost everything they do is Secret or Top Secret.

If Trump has the authority to declassify his documents and he does by law, then why should he give them up.

Pence and Biden didn't have authority to declassify their documents so they both have violated an office policy/law of some sorts.

You seem to be having a hard time understanding this.

· Registered
7,056 Posts

You keep telling yourself that wondergirl.

· Registered
7,142 Posts
You are probably correct about many politicians having classified documents at their residents. Not legal but that is probably the case because for some of them almost everything they do is Secret or Top Secret.

If Trump has the authority to declassify his documents and he does by law, then why should he give them up.

Pence and Biden didn't have authority to declassify their documents so they both have violated an office policy/law of some sorts.

No, I understand it perfectly. It seems to be you guys that are in denial of the facts.
A sitting president does have the authority to classify or declassify some but not all documents IF they go through the proper procedure.
Suggesting that Trump had the power to declassify anything he wanted just by thinking it is foolishness.
Don't take my word for it though. Do some actual credible research. Here's something to start you off:

· Registered
12,340 Posts

Yes Biden and Pence had the power to classify and declassify. The President Executive Order 13526 I think after they leave office they can declassify only documents they in fact classified. But they can be overruled by those currently holding their positions or above.

• Informative
Reactions: lou8700

· Registered
1,718 Posts
No, I understand it perfectly. It seems to be you guys that are in denial of the facts.
A sitting president does have the authority to classify or declassify some but not all documents IF they go through the proper procedure.
Suggesting that Trump had the power to declassify anything he wanted just by thinking it is foolishness.
Don't take my word for it though. Do some actual credible research. Here's something to start you off:

You just posted an article saying what they think it might be. The key word here is THINK. Not facts but speculation.

I posted the actual document stating the authority and the procedure for Trump or any president to follow when declassifying documents.

I think you should back track, read and recalculate.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Yes Biden and Pence had the power to classify and declassify. The President Executive Order 13526 I think after they leave office they can declassify only documents they in fact classified. But they can be overruled by those currently holding their positions or above.
They still have to be in office and follow a more complicated process than the president. But yes, they can.

(1) the official who authorized the original classification, if that official is still serving in the same position and has original classification authority;

· Registered
12,340 Posts
They still have to be in office and follow a more complicated process than the president. But yes, they can.

(1) the official who authorized the original classification, if that official is still serving in the same position and has original classification authority;
Also applies to an out of office President cannot declassify. It has to go through the sitting president and a process.

· Registered
7,056 Posts

· Registered
12,340 Posts
I hope Russia wins and all money going to Ukraine from the USA is stopped.

According to the fat cat rinos and dems, that makes me a bad person. :p:eek::ROFLMAO:
Yes, it does. The United States Navy had or has a slogan. A Global Force for Good. I agree, when we see invasions, war crimes, torture, murder, war on citizens and infrastructure. Never mind, yes routing for Russia kinda sucks.

· Registered
7,056 Posts
It really saddens me to see how deep the rot is in the US government today. From my perch I have to say the best course of action is to completely dissolve the FBI and start from scratch but implement hard laws to prevent this rot from simply happening again with new corruptible people or just don't have an FBI. Spread the things they do now around to different departments and agencies but of course they are rotten too. This is why I don't hold out much hope for the US government to ever gain back any credibility. I want it too but the rot inside won't let it be fixed because they would be the first to be kicked out.

· Registered
7,056 Posts
Yes, it does. The United States Navy had or has a slogan. A Global Force for Good. I agree, when we see invasions, war crimes, torture, murder, war on citizens and infrastructure. Never mind, yes routing for Russia kinda sucks.
Your opinion and that's fine. You're certainly allowed to have a different opinion. It's exactly what makes America, well, it used to make America great. The dems pretty much ruined all that with their cancel and woke culture nonsense.

· Registered
7,142 Posts
Yes we are sending them but I think it's BS that we are.
These tanks are far too big, far too complicated and maintenance intensive. Not to mention they burn an incredible amount of fuel. Germany and a few other countries have far more practical tanks that they could send. But they are reluctant to send them until the US donates there's first.
That's a load of crap! No other nation has donated nearly as much monetary and arms assistance to Ukraine than the US.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
It really saddens me to see how deep the rot is in the US government today. From my perch I have to say the best course of action is to completely dissolve the FBI and start from scratch but implement hard laws to prevent this rot from simply happening again with new corruptible people or just don't have an FBI. Spread the things they do now around to different departments and agencies but of course they are rotten too. This is why I don't hold out much hope for the US government to ever gain back any credibility. I want it too but the rot inside won't let it be fixed because they would be the first to be kicked out.

I haven't giving up all hope as of yet. Many rotten apples are being exposed and this will allow for a thinning of the rot. It will take many years and a lot of persistence but there is hope.

17481 - 17500 of 17751 Posts