VOG Forum banner
16081 - 16100 of 17676 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16,082 ·
It's unfortunate but if Russia gave absolutely no option to trade for the Marine but would trade for your sister, what would you do?
I guess that depends on what she did.

It's not like this chick was unjustly being held. She screwed up. Harsh? Yes. But it's Russia. What we know about Russia is bears ride motorcycles and things can be harsh. Pretty standard information.

I just hope that she is singing a new song about America. If she goes back to her "activism" she should be sent back to Russia. She thought she was oppressed and mistreated. Let's see how she feels now.

Trading a dumb pot head for an arms dealer must make her feel pretty important. If the guy is involved with killing people again will this trade be worth it?

· Registered
12,332 Posts
I guess that depends on what she did.

It's not like this chick was unjustly being held. She screwed up. Harsh? Yes. But it's Russia. What we know about Russia is bears ride motorcycles and things can be harsh. Pretty standard information.

I just hope that she is singing a new song about America. If she goes back to her "activism" she should be sent back to Russia. She thought she was oppressed and mistreated. Let's see how she feels now.

Trading a dumb pot head for an arms dealer must make her feel pretty important. If the guy is involved with killing people again will this trade be worth it?
It looks like what he did was post a bunch of stuff on Russian social media, get stopped by Russian Customs with 80,000 US cash on him, had visited Russia many times and may have had a flash drive with personal information about Russian Security people.

Prior to that it appears he lied about his education routinely, and was involved in a Court-Martial for theft and using someone else's SS number for some type of fraud.

I am not so sure about this guy, our own military was not very high on him long before he started spending lots of time in Russia and had access to what appears to be lots of cash.

I am not ready to think a Marine war hero was kidnapped by Russians for doing nothing.

Griner should have a middle name of Stupid. Being a star player in Russia being dumb enough to get caught with drugs, what a dumb ass.

The arms dealer is one of 100s of middle men selling arms around the world. Arresting him didn't stop arms deals in the least. Think about this, if he was traded back to Russia would you trust he is not working a deal setting you up for his freedom. I don't think people buying military weapons are gonna trust him. Plus 4 years later they already have new suppliers. He may find himself in a fatal accident in the very near future.

· Registered
7,033 Posts
This is really effed up! I qualified to go to BUD's training in boot camp but decided to stick with my original plan instead. Reading this article made me mad because anyone giving the SEAL teams a try are a cut above the average then because most don't make it through are then punished with the worst jobs the Navy has is just such a waste of good quality people and their time.

· Registered
7,033 Posts

· Registered
1,704 Posts
It's unfortunate but if Russia gave absolutely no option to trade for the Marine but would trade for your sister, what would you do?
That is a dumb question to ask anybody.

Bidens sister wasn't an option. A Marine and a basketball player were the options.
You and the media can spin this any way you want, but you know, I know and anybody with an IQ above 30 knows what just happened.

· Registered
7,135 Posts
This is what biden, the rinos, the dems, and the globalists have been working toward. Prepare for heavy rolls and batten down the hatches for the next couple of years at least.

A lot of reputable economists are saying there could very well be a bad recession in the next year and a half. Due mainly to all the money people had in their pocket as a result of the COVID days. They were spending it like crazy and it combined with supply and demand caused inflation to skyrocket. Now that many people have burned through there savings the trend is taking hardship disbursements from their 401k in record numbers. Many people can't seem to live within their means and it's really going to come back to bite everyone's ass. All I can say is tighten down the hatches and ride it out just like 2008.

· Registered
7,033 Posts
A lot of reputable economists are saying there could very well be a bad recession in the next year and a half. Due mainly to all the money people had in their pocket as a result of the COVID days. They were spending it like crazy and it combined with supply and demand caused inflation to skyrocket. Now that many people have burned through there savings the trend is taking hardship disbursements from their 401k in record numbers. Many people can't seem to live within their means and it's really going to come back to bite everyone's ass. All I can say is tighten down the hatches and ride it out just like 2008.
The housing bubble is already bursting. A lot of people who bought in the past year are now finding they are upside down in their home loans with the amount they owe isn't nearly what the home is worth. Now we've all seen this before and if the people can afford their payments then they will get through this and maybe come out a little ahead in the years ahead at some point.

I never worried about what my home value was and in fact liked it when it went way down in 06/07/08 because my property taxes also went down. Now if I were trying to sell the house then I'd care but only then. I don't see myself moving again. I like it right where I'm at.

· Super Moderator
27,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16,097 ·
The housing bubble is already bursting. A lot of people who bought in the past year are now finding they are upside down in their home loans with the amount they owe isn't nearly what the home is worth. Now we've all seen this before and if the people can afford their payments then they will get through this and maybe come out a little ahead in the years ahead at some point.

I never worried about what my home value was and in fact liked it when it went way down in 06/07/08 because my property taxes also went down. Now if I were trying to sell the house then I'd care but only then. I don't see myself moving again. I like it right where I'm at.
With the crazy inflation on houses my home value has jumped way up. I know it is artificial and have not been concerned about it other than being upset I pay more taxes. The other day though I got a email about my homeowners which is about to renew. It is jumping over $2300 from the year prior. I called and was told my policy has an inflation protection aspect that bumped my coverage up $45K. Now how $45k in coverage equals a rise in premiums of over $2300 is beyond me. That jump alone is more than I paid the first several years in my home. Needless to say I am shopping around and it seems I will be able to beat that price and get more coverage as well. I told my current company I would just cancel it then and they didn't even try to keep me as a customer. Actually offered to go ahead and set up cancelling for me right then. I had been with them since 2015 and have not had any claims.

Certainly I am not alone in this and I wonder how many people don't bother to log in and see what the next year is going to cost. If it is escrowed some will be getting a heck of a shock with such a jump.

· Registered
7,033 Posts
With the crazy inflation on houses my home value has jumped way up. I know it is artificial and have not been concerned about it other than being upset I pay more taxes. The other day though I got a email about my homeowners which is about to renew. It is jumping over $2300 from the year prior. I called and was told my policy has an inflation protection aspect that bumped my coverage up $45K. Now how $45k in coverage equals a rise in premiums of over $2300 is beyond me. That jump alone is more than I paid the first several years in my home. Needless to say I am shopping around and it seems I will be able to beat that price and get more coverage as well. I told my current company I would just cancel it then and they didn't even try to keep me as a customer. Actually offered to go ahead and set up cancelling for me right then. I had been with them since 2015 and have not had any claims.

Certainly I am not alone in this and I wonder how many people don't bother to log in and see what the next year is going to cost. If it is escrowed some will be getting a heck of a shock with such a jump.
Yeah, it's going to vary a lot by region and state.
That was a weird jump in insurance. It sounds like they want to get people to cancel their coverage with that company. I see no other plausible reason. Maybe they are looking to go out of business or get away from home insurance. Could be they lost their butts in some storm somewhere too. Could be a political thing too. Maybe some mandated policy change has them rethinking their homeowner policies for the long term.

16081 - 16100 of 17676 Posts