VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Kensington, Pa., just outside of Pittsburgh, an officer was shot and killed during a "simple" traffic stop on Friday evening around 8pm. Absolutely shameful and a very sad situation.

Reminded me of a thread on here a few months ago when a cop pulled a gun on a motorcyclist and someone said "it was just a simple traffic stop"

·
Registered
876 Posts
New Kensington, Pa., just outside of Pittsburgh, an officer was shot and killed during a "simple" traffic stop on Friday evening around 8pm. Absolutely shameful and a very sad situation.

Reminded me of a thread on here a few months ago when a cop pulled a gun on a motorcyclist and someone said "it was just a simple traffic stop"
Didn't you get the memo.....thugs & criminals are the new national hero's.......<sarc>

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't you get the memo.....thugs & criminals are the new national hero's.......<sarc>
Yeah, they must be.......
It's starting to happen a little too often. It's just a damn shame!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

This is why cops pull people over and pull their gun immediately....

Some stops can be simple and some stops are like this...

I cant imagine what the cop that pulled 5 of us over on our bikes was thinking, he was cool, we were all good boys and pulled right over for him, andhis first interaction was with me, which may have had a calming effect...

However I could never even think, if I was a cop pulling 5 guys over on motorcycles, thats gotta be a scary thing....

It's disturbing that cops get shot while doing stops, and then puts everyone on high alert....

I like good cops, hate bad ones, but this **** makes more cops on high alert....

·
Registered
17,970 Posts
After the last 8 years, it is has become a more dangerous occupation. Come to think of it was a bit wild back in the 80's as well. The only difference was there was a President and other Community Leaders, with most Media, backed the Police or at least their mission.

Now the Mad Media is carrying-on with false narrative and distorted facts to create an environment that will produce the most 10 second stories of crisis and division...

Things will improve despite the Looney Tunes trying to drag the Country down.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
When you drive around all day carrying the power to completely ruin someone's life if you feel like it, you're bound to meet some people who'd just as soon not have anything to do with you.
I never ruined a person's life. They made the decision to break the law all on their own.

On top of that I only sent them to jail. It's the jury or judge that convicts them.

·
Registered
17,970 Posts
When you drive around all day carrying the power to completely ruin someone's life if you feel like it, you're bound to meet some people who'd just as soon not have anything to do with you.
Funny but are right about the way some people see the Peace Keepers. Guess they need a lesson in civics as to where we get the authority to enforce the laws they made and tasked with the responsibility to do so...

Just a job I do, in my case did.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Military uniform Squad Military person Marines Font
What an ignorant comment to make. Cops are the thin blue line between civility and anarchy. Here's some food for thought. Hope you're hungry.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
164 Posts
It's not ignorant at all. There is absolutely nothing ignorant in saying crooks hate cops.
First, you show me someone who is happy being pulled over.
Second, show me a criminal that is happy to encounter authority that has the power to lock them up.

It's about perspective. A criminal, happy and content in his ways, is going to view a cop as someone who is screwing with their life.

I didn't say a thing about not needing law enforcement.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
It's not ignorant at all. There is absolutely nothing ignorant in saying crooks hate cops.
Second, show me a criminal that is happy to encounter authority that has the power to lock them up.

It's about perspective. A criminal, happy and content in his ways, is going to view a cop as someone who is screwing with their life.

What you said was correct but it was the way it was said that made it come off wrong.

I started my response to it with "that's a stupid comment," but after thinking about it and reading it again I hoped it was just coming off wrong so I made some changes.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

Last time I was pulled over in that group I laughed my ass off and was upset because I thought the cop dissed me/my bike...

Time before that, the cop apologized to me as he got out of his car, asked to get my I'd, ran to his car, ran back thanked me for stopping apologized again, patted me on the back and wished me a great day... From there I don't get pulled over, I see them, I do what I do, they leave me alone, I'm quite happy with the cops around me....

Here's one to piss of at least one guy if he reads this... I drove from NY to I'll with a registration that was expired for 3 months....
I would have deserved to have been pulled over, because I just simply put the paper on my stack instead of just renewing it... I would have laughed if I was pulled over then too...

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
164 Posts
What you said was correct but it was the way it was said that made it come off wrong.

I started my response to it with "that's a stupid comment," but after thinking about it and reading it again I hoped it was just coming off wrong so I made some changes.
It's all good. It's not always easy to understand someone's meaning by the written words themselves.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

Well it is true, seriously some of the issues with the "bad apples" is, it's a civilian aka not a cops word against a prestigious, honest, hard working cop. So if the cop says you cursed him out, and that's why you got the butt of the gun in your face, well that's what happened...

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The bolded portion, in conjunction with the underlined portion is what gave your comment the color that it has. I'm fairly sure that the vast majority of cops, and I mean all but a trivial few, DO NOT just feel like ruining someone's life and pull them over in order to do so.

That's what your comment infers.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.