VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone else had the same experience as I have...
I "purchased" my bike on 10/11/08 and took delivery on 10/18/08. I had ordered a few things that the dealer ordered for me and were to install hence the wait.
Today I got a letter from Polaris. I was expecting it to be a congratulations or thank you type letter. I really did figure I would receive that type of letter. I got a tri fold card of thanks and a few coupons directlly from the dealer. Have not gotten a phone call to ask how the bike is or ifI have any questions from anyone.
Anyway, today's letter...was a letter questioning me "as an experienced owner of a Victory motorcycle serviced by xxxxx's Cycle...blah blah blah. It was a service department survey. I haven't had service done! At least none that I know about...I am seriously wondering if I have made a wrong decision...
Anyone else have a strange initial experience with "factory".

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Sounds to me like you are jumping the gun. You would base the credibility of Victory on a form letter that was sent out? You did have service done at your dealer. They installed whatever you purchased with the bike that did not come from the Factory. You will eventually get something from them about the VRA and a free one year roadside assistance. Ride the bike, enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Hey! At least they have your address now!
Save the letter and mail it off when you have had your first service.
Most of us had our first 500 mile service the next day.
;) HAHAHA Only kidding!

·
Registered
554 Posts
That survey is sent out to every one who buys a new Victory from the dealer. I recieved one back in 03 when I bought my bike new. Im not saying that you won't have any issues with you Vic. Maybe you will maybe you won't. All manufacturers have thare problems. Nothing is perfect but I can tell you that Victory is an incredible motorcycle and I havn't had a stich of trouble with mine. I'll never sell my Vic. Im sure you'll be very very happy with yours as well.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I had wanted 500++ by now myself unfortunately that 4 letter word work keeps getting in my way and then (if anyone else is from the midwest..) the weather hasn't been conducive to riding when I haven't been working. This Thursday so far looks good, I am trying to arrange work to get out and get 150 or so miles.And I have to remember to vary my speed for the first 500 too...so no long highwy blasts.
The letter really isn't scaring me, I have a car that has different size tires front and rear, from factory can't be ordered different, I get mail from the dealer all the time offering deals on tire rotation. I know there have been a few odd thigs with Vics, I have been watching several forms for a few years and read of some of the problems, if I were worried that bad I wouldn't have bought the bike.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

When I got my bike, they said don't baby it. RIDE IT! I'm not a hot rodder, but had a long shot on the freeway to get home. I did the on and off ramps some and would then take a frontage road then back on the freeway and let er rip for a bit. By the time I got home and back to the dealer I had my 500.
Get on Google Maps and find yourself some good back roads with a good mix of riding. Better yet, get that GPS and map program and really have at it.
Before you know it, you will be contacting Polaris and telling them about all your riding accomplishments!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FishWitch said:
When I got my bike, they said don't baby it. RIDE IT! I'm not a hot rodder, but had a long shot on the freeway to get home. I did the on and off ramps some and would then take a frontage road then back on the freeway and let er rip for a bit. By the time I got home and back to the dealer I had my 500.
Get on Google Maps and find yourself some good back roads with a good mix of riding. Better yet, get that GPS and map program and really have at it.
Before you know it, you will be contacting Polaris and telling them about all your riding accomplishments!
Back roads aren't a problem and usually mileage isn't problem either. When I ride with SCRC we always do back roads, I have managed to clock 6k this year on weekends only and I missed about 6 of the club rides. Our rides average about 210 miles on either a Saturday or Sunday.

·
Registered
136 Posts

I haven't gotten a single thing from corporate and I got my bike 9-26. I am really surprised that Victory hasn't contacted all the 10th Ann owners about Daytona at the very least yet.I know Andy has addressed this issue with them already and is still waiting a reply to my knowledge.
I would have expecteda congratualatory note from them by now. I know as long as I stay signed up with their web site to receive updates and offers I'll keep getting them no matter what I've bought. That type of communication I fully understand.
I've gotten the congratulatory card from the dealership and another survey card after I got my 500 mile checkdone at 780 miles. Nowup to around 975. The dealership ratingis still out for me. They don't like questions about the GPS issue and are reluctant to get back to me. They're doing just ok. I didn't find that thesalesman's knowledge about the bike was very good either. I knewway more about the bike thanhe did and I'd never even seen one before I test road it.The internet is a wonderful thing.
Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
as a dealer myself, it's the dealerships responsibility to make sure every new Victory owner is satisfied, you should ask your dealer what he thinks of you owning one and if he says he's happy for you, then ask him why he didn't want to know what you thought...don't let it bother you, you have a great bike and you should ride it no matter what

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

BigPin said:
as a dealer myself, it's the dealerships responsibility to make sure every new Victory owner is satisfied, you should ask your dealer what he thinks of you owning one and if he says he's happy for you, then ask him why he didn't want to know what you thought...don't let it bother you, you have a great bike and you should ride it no matter what
The lack of follow through and positive attitude towards customers is probably why so many Vic dealerships have tanked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i think that's exactly right...to effectively sell and keep selling a vic you really have to have a lot of dedication, and i've talked to a lot of dealers who complain about not selling them and in the same breath tell me they haven't even rode one DUH!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.