Polaris Is Closing Victory Motorcycles | Page 6 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Polaris Is Closing Victory Motorcycles

Discussion in 'TheVOG.net News' started by Admin, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Basas

Basas New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory Hammer
    This is a hard hit to take, my Hammer is the best bike Ive ever owned or ridden....I dont want to go back to Harley, Im praying that they shift the steel frame bikes lilke the hammer, Vegas etc. over to indian. Because as of right now I dont like the look of to many indians

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Your 2013 Hammer could easily outlive you if taken care of. Why worry, just ride it and treat it well. It will treat you well in return.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. N02LZ

N02LZ New Member

Cross Country
    In my eyes this just makes my bike more valuable. I doubt very seriously that I will need anything more than just the normal maint. items so I will be holding on to my VIC CC until i cant get oil changes any more. This is truly Sad! I don't want to be like EVERY OTHER RIDER out there and ride a Harley.. Geesh!! Victories Stand out!! I love it! I love my VIC. I never ever have issues with saddle soreness...ever!! Had to mention that, because that is the whole reason I test drove, the one I bought! LOL Drive it and you will own it!! Some people are just scared to try something different.. I am the polar opposite.. I like to be different. anywho. off the soap box... LOVE LOVE LOVE MY VIC!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    My friend rides a 76 Shovel. Why wouldn't you still have your Vic 40 yrs from now. It's built way better than that Shovel that has been rebuilt twice. The last build was 2 months ago completed. He's good for a long time so long as he keeps oil in it. Lol

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ivelatu

ivelatu New Member

victory cross country tour
    it so sad that decision to stop making victory.i try a indian on demo in 2013 but for something like10,000 $ more i chose to buy the cross country tour .they should keep victory for the one that dont like to pay for a name.if i would know i would have bought a honda or yamaha.dealers everywear

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NotoriousVictorius

NotoriousVictorius Member

03 Victory Vegas
    My first login since the announcement. When Polaris purchased Indian I told my salesman that this would be the end of Victory (competing with yourself) and sure enough, here we are. The nice thing? Most of our bikes are so well built that we will be riding them for as long as we like. The oil filters are everywhere and we just have to take care of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. cvsisinthehouse

cvsisinthehouse Member

2009 Hammer S
    Just got my Hammer 3 months ago and love the looks and ride. This doesnt change much for me. While I was looking for one to buy, I went to a dealer near me, he had one in stock, but wouldnt let me ride it until I bought it, and I surely wasnt buying it until I rode it. He said it wasnt a demo. So I left. I ended up getting one off cycletrader.com. I was thinking, shouldnt you make your last one a demo if you really want to sell it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. theswede

theswede New Member

Victory Judge
    No Indian mc in my garage. Bought a Victory because I wanted something modern. Depending on value I will trade it for something that will last.
    Disappoinded and feeling fooled by Polaris.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jaybridge88

jaybridge88 New Member

2016 XC
    i love my Cross Country. I was planning on getting a Harley at first. Test drove a bunch during their local demo days and just didn't like them all that much. I'm pretty tall and felt cramped on all their bikes. The first time I sat on a cross country I knew it was the bike for me. I have plenty of room on it. Most comfortable bike I have ever rode. I have not even owned my CC a year and already have 7000+ miles on it.

Unfortunately, I will never buy another Polaris product again. The fact that they dropped their own brand they built from scratch to focus on another brand they bought......says a lot to me. i personally don't think victory did enough to market their bikes. They were not even on my radar until a couple years prior to me buying one last year.

My local victory dealer has been great to me and during a recent visit I asked if they are going to start selling Indian. They said no. I'm glad bc I think they are ugly as hell. I know it's cosmetics but I can't get passed the look of the bike to even consider researching them let alone consider buying one. (To each their own.....just my opinion). The tech told me how Polaris sling shots and RZRs are nothing but problems. Always coming into the shop. HIS WORDS NOT MINE. My brother has a brand new RZR that he has had problems with from day 1.

after their move to drop victory and hearing from other Polaris owners, and my local dealer ......I'll ride my Cross Country till the day it dies and I'm good to enjoy the hell out of it ......but that's it for me. I just plain don't like what they have done with Indian and I'll buy other brands when it comes to off road.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. trell

trell Member

They have no loyalty to their buyer base. It's all about Indian now I wonder how long it will take them to screw the Indians buyers. Kinda hard to buy anything from Polaris now on my part. I love my vision or it would have been gone long ago.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1 MEAN66

1 MEAN66 Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country 8 Ball
    Just got a few of the motorcycle magazines I subscribe to in the mail ! Has anyone else seen the "NEW" Indian model ? Indian Roadmaster Classic,
    It's a real funky green with off white (beige? whatever) and a lot of brown leather "stuff" ! the leather "stuff" makes it look like the designer said " **** we ran out of paint, someone go to the parts bin and get something to cover up the back of this bike, and hang some strings and buckles off it maybe it will look better! I don't think I could even sneak up on it! Jerry

12. trell

trell Member

Wonder how long Indian will last? Remember Polaris saying a year ago the Victory was going no where for a long time. How can anyone believe these people now. Well I have a great bike 2011 vision but I'm going to shelve it and buy a new bike. I can tell you this it will not be from Polaris. Looking at a New Triglide.

13. John G

John G Active Member

Victory Vegas 8 ball
    So, I just got back into the country. Been gone since January 2, and when opening my mail, I read the letter from Polaris.

It's a damned shame, but remember, the almighty dollar rules. Not enough return on investment they claim. I'd like to see the income statement for Victory motorcycles to see for myself. That said, I'm not selling vegas 8 ball. It will outlast me, and doesn't need much maintenance. When it does I do it myself. As long as I can get parts, and there willmost likely be more aftermarket stuff now, I'll be fine, and so will all of you.

Motorbikes are a tough business to be in. Very competitive. I found out while in Manaus, Brazil, some 900 miles up the amazon, that there are 14 motorbike manufacturers in Manaus, the largest being Honda, and the smallest being Harley Davidson. The reason? Manaus is a duty free port, and the labor is cheap. End of story.

Cheers
    John

14. PDXLaserGazer

PDXLaserGazer Well-Known Member

'13 Cross Country - Antifreeze Green / '15 Gunner
    Sorry to bump this thread but I had a good thought and put it in a hijacked thread... now moving it here. There was a pic of a police bike in this other thread that brought this on...

This bring up a couple of interesting points I've been trying to bring up. There are several departments that are utilizing the Vics and with the brand ending, I really expected Polaris to continue with the maintenance parts as they promised. It wasn't really a smart move. I hope Wine gets pulled over every time he gets on the road. Anyway, I figured the 10 year promise was to more to support the VPM guys out there. I wonder if they stocked some parts and made them available only to VPM.

When these bikes reach their end of life as police motorcycles (I assume 80-100k?), I think we will see an influx of used police cruisers on the market, mostly in small dealerships that buy at auction and sell locally. You know they'll be properly cared for, so if any of you happen to see one up for sale, it would be nice to post. Maybe a new thread that brings all of the "found a good deal" threads all together so we can keep up on them. Just a thought anyway.

15. LEVON106

LEVON106 Well-Known Member

2006 Hammer and 2016 Magnum 74 Norton Commando
    Me Too.............Just bought my third Vic even after hearing the news. First two never saw the service dept past the 1st oil change. Have an 06 Hammer that I may modify with go fast goodies and will cruise on my 16 Magnum. Not concerned. Harley dropped the twin cam and the VROD after 2017, Don't believe Yamaha makes the strato Liner anymore. Honda VTX etc. No Big deal . I can still purchase absolutely anything and everything for my 1974 Norton so hopefully all will be fine. Enjoy your Victory the way you would have before the big news.

• Like Like x 1