Polaris Is Closing Victory Motorcycles | Page 4 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Polaris Is Closing Victory Motorcycles

Discussion in 'TheVOG.net News' started by Admin, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Cessna

Cessna Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 CCT
    What the hell.

2. jharpe

jharpe Member

2012 Vision
    This is a real shame. I just purchased a 2012 Vision. I love the bike but now feel like I made a really bad decision. I'm angry with Polaris for hanging us all out to dry....continue building parts for 10 years, yea right! I can tell you this, it will be a lot longer than 10 years before I will ever buy a Polaris product of any kind. And I will warn everyone I talk to about the risk of buying Polaris. Buy Indian? I don't think so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Klong

Klong Active Member

Magnum X1
    By law they have to sell parts for no less than ten years

4. Nascen

Nascen Member

2017 Magnum
    Did anyone buy a Victory or any bike as an investment everyone is panicked about the values plummeting the minute you take delivery that happens. I purchased my 2017 Magnum in November looking at some of the prices now i could have saved 3 to 4k. The fact that Victory closed down doesn't change the fact we love the bikes and riding them. Does it suck yes 4k is better in any one of our pockets than in Polaris' pocket, however the fact remains you love what you ride so let's all keep riding and enjoy our Victory's.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. dtwags

dtwags New Member

78.5 flh harley
    Nothing I hate worst than BEAN COUNTERS......Bean counters who don't ride, Who don't have pride in a incredible accomplishment, who won't stick with a superior product, don't care about all who have been loyal. They have their spreadsheets and a small vision of the future (basically 2 bikes, chief and a scout). Maybe i'm wrong? When I had my harley I had to plan trips based on if there was a dealer in each town for parts and repairs, My Victory meant freedom, American made pride, style, innovation and most of all a reason for lazy harley davidson to step up their game. Now the question is if times get tough will they just casually get rid of Indian the way they did Victory?????

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sonic

Sonic Active Member

2012 Victory Cross Country. Sunset red and silver
    I think the CEO at Polaris needs to take a customer relations course. I watched the interview on YouTube, he was less than diplomatic! Most of the cynics amongst us would have probably seen through it but if he had said something to the effect that Polaris would like to thank Victory owners for their dedication and support to the brand and their help in promoting it blah, blah, it might have meant something to people. But to just come out and say "honestly Indian is the better horse to ride" told me that Polaris really couldn't care less about us.
    I can tell you that owners here in France feel pretty pissed off about the way Polaris have conducted themselves. One can understand the business reasons but at the end of the day if you treat people with such disregard they will take their money elsewhere. No customers = no profit and as Polaris have told us that is what they are all about.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    What reason is there to kill the brand.
    It sold and it had little warranty claims or recalls compared to others. It was its own business if you will. Like a successful mom and pop business.
    The thinking at Polaris was " we offer the best of both worlds in motorcycling.
    Modern performance and style" as well as a Classic legend with nostalgia and all the bells and whistles.

A little more R&D and attention to Victory could have put Polaris at the top. They were on their way but they failed. They failed at business and management. This leads to failure of product not being able to keep up in a changing market place.

They better think again if they think Indian is their saving GRACE.
    The style is already worn out. Time for a more modern Indian. More Indian models and more aftermarket support. Enough crying. It's done. Keep your Victory. Ride it. Those of you that are panicking and selling or trading are defacing the brand. Cowards.
    Go get your Harley. You'll be sorry later.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. VvJoel

VvJoel Member

Victory vision

9. VvJoel

VvJoel Member

Victory vision
    I just got my license last year. I looked for the perfect motorcycle, especially up here in New England where the weather can change really quick. I found it. The vision. Full ferring from top to bottom. Heated seats and grips with a retractable windshield. Nimble and easy rider even for a beginner. Now they stop. Sad and angry at the same time. What to do now. Keep or trade for something else that won't give me every option this bike has.

10. Nascen

Nascen Member

2017 Magnum
    Keep it and enjoy it. It's a great bike parts and service will be available for 10 years. I owned a 2008 Vision it's an amazing bike. I to was sad and angry after purchasing a 2017;Magnum in November. Why get rid of something you enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mrbigbiker

mrbigbiker New Member

Harley Davidson Heritage
    I wondered when I switched bikes last year if this was coming since Polaris has done little with Victory and limited color and model options for since acquiring Indian. I was a victim of Polaris abandoning its watercraft years ago and did not want to go there again. My apprehension towards all things Polaris weighed in the decision to go back to Harley even though the Cross Country is a better bike.

12. rosskp

rosskp Active Member

2010 Cross Country
    By law they have to honor all warranties and supply parts for 10 years Woop woop!!

13. myfirstvictory

myfirstvictory Active Member

2011 Victory Cross Country
    Frankly this upsets me. I made the switch to a new brand, fell in love with it, and have been talking it up ever since. A little disappointing that they are giving up on it. I agree they could have put a little more effort in updating but now they have Indian, which in essence is a victory, that's where all the innovation went. I wonder why the sales of Indians are up and victory's are down. (Laughs) This is just disappointing, simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Kurbs

Kurbs theVOG.net Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

2012 Victory Kingpin
    Not true. There is no law that requires them to do anything except honor the product through the written warranty period. That decision for any duration after that is made by the company. That supposed 'law' cannot be found because it does not exist.

15. mags

mags Member

Magnum x1
    What parts should we stock up on while we can? Also, this bike better last forever or I am going to have to go back to HD. I appreciate that the Indians are better bikes than HD, but I just can't do the aesthetics. SERIOUSLY can't do the Indian look.