Polaris Is Closing Victory Motorcycles | Page 3 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Polaris Is Closing Victory Motorcycles

Discussion in 'TheVOG.net News' started by Admin, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Slappy

Slappy Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Cross Country Tour
    Hopefully another group of investors will buy the Victory brand and continue production and support us loyal owners. Kind of like Polarass did with Indian :confused-72:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    That won't happen. Polaris owns the Victory brand and isn't likely to sell it. Indian is one of the oldest brands in the industry and had been revived multiple times over the decades. Polaris has found that they can compete better against Harley using the nostalgia of the Indian brand rather than the Victory brand they built from scratch. They're great bikes but Victory never really broke through with the larger motorcycle community.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    It depends on the bike. A late model bike will likely see a hit on values since it's going to be an orphan. Older bikes tend to be priced as just a bike to ride, Honda, Yamaha, etc. Victory has never had Harley's great value retention.

4. flyboy469

flyboy469 Member

16 Vegas 8 Ball
    Polaris can shove it where the sun don't shine. I will Never buy anything (motorcycle) again from them. My bike is a VEGAS * BALL. Badges coming off soon. I will ride it till it dies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. V8ghia

V8ghia New Member

Victory Crossroads
    Must admit I did not think the whole Victory & Indian thing would work together but still a suprise. Have not posted here for a while - I sold my Crossroads several months back - just as the warrantly was almost up - when I was sick of the 'non-existant surprise stalling half way round a corner' feature it developed a good bike, but never what I expected. I chose it over a Triumph as the last new bike I will ever be likely to buy. I had thought it woudl have the character of a HD or Triumph but it did not. Now? I bought a Yamaha Roadliner the same year and kms shortly after, and other than less ground clearance it is a vastly superior bike in every way to the Victory - far more low down torque, much better fit and finish, (the chrome & paint) and the sound......and it brings smile to my face when I ride it........the dear old Crossroads just never did. Would I have bought a Victory again? No. Kinda sad.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. SubDude

SubDude Well-Known Member

16 Chieftain Silver Smoke
    Road liner - vastly superior in every way? Uh...never heard Anyone say that. To each his own I guess, I found that bike to be a pig that couldn't get out of its own way.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Kurbs

Kurbs theVOG.net Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

2012 Victory Kingpin
    Agreed. Guy down the street has one. Superior is not the word I would use either. He can't keep up with me. bags are cheap, paint and plastics are cheap. The CR has much better suspension. The Yammie does have a low torque engine but it peters out. I'd buy a Harley before I ever rode a Yammie Roadliner around. But like you said, to each his own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. V8ghia

V8ghia New Member

Victory Crossroads
    Maybe some models are different - I had my heart set on a Triumph Thunderbird (before I bought the Vic) but it WAS a pig - wallowed and very underpowered (the 1600) . THe VIc was a good ride especially cornering for a long heavy big bike - but my Liner which is factory other than a D&D slip on - had pipes on the VIc too - would have left it like it was standing still. My Vic was standard as is the Liner and obviously if it was heavily modified and a Roadliner was stock (or the heavy one you have over there - is it Stratoliner?) sure it would not keep up.
    It also has a much lower center of gravity, sita a bit lower, has a better seat for me, better for the pillion (according to my better half) and as there are not a lot here in Australia - Yamaha asked $26k for them new - seems to draw a bit more attention too. So yes, for me vastly superior. And it does not stall when I am turning into a service station drive way or going around a corner at random which seems better for my well -being.......Glad you are happy with yours. Cheers

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  9. Rick Arthur

Rick Arthur New Member

2015 Victory Cross Country
    It seems I've bought an Edsel. Polaris has abandonded me, I can't afford to throw my bike in the garbage and buy a new one. I guess I should have stayed with Harley Davidson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jchris58

Jchris58 Active Member

2016 Vegas
    Why the hell would anyone throw there bike away? That's silly. I went for a ride today. My Vegas ran just fine. Polaris will provide parts and service for at least ten years. Probably more then that. I'm sure lots of Indian parts on Indians will fit victorys. I'm very upset about it too. We need to use our heads and not over react. Victorys values will stabilize once the hurting we're off. Everyone is panicking now and that is what's kill value

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. bucky5454

bucky5454 Member

Highball
    I am going for a ride today too! I have two Vics. Both started and I have rode either one to work this week. Yes I live in the south and I never winterize my bikes. Pissed that Vic is gone. I have only found one dealership liquidating their inventory. Indian of Panama City Beach. Freaking unbelievable prices! I would buy another one if my wife would let me just because!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Deano106

Deano106 New Member

Vision Tour
    Hi Lou, yep I felt this is a big let down entirely driven by chasing the dollar. Victory was reported as being 3% of the Polaris empire. How much really did a couple of poor years dent the empire's profits...

I hope your dealer sorts you out quickly. I'm actually surprised they don't give you an instant fix. Oh yes and Belgium roads; after 2 weeks riding in Germany there as no need for a border sign the second we hit Belgium it was very apparent someone else was looking after the roads. Deano

13. Lowrider

Lowrider Member

2011 Cross Country, blue
    I have a 1975 Norton Commando, 76 & 72 Triumph Bonneville's, 1977 HD Lowrider and I have no problems finding parts for these bikes, thank God for the internet !! Harley Davidson is still in business and I can't go in there and buy parts for my 77 or the 2003 Electra Glide. The thing I love about my CC is it dose not look like all those cookie cruncher Harley's out there. This will just make the CC even more intriguing to me and all the people I still meet that marvel over its looks. This bike has 64k miles on it been to Alaska and Newfoundland and all points in between it has never been to a Victory shop for anything. I have a real hard time getting rid for motorcycles so I could care less that maybe the price of resale has gone down. My 03 Electra Glide has 101K on it and looks new but ain't worth ****. So I say shout up and ride your bike until it ain't worth **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Do you guys have the sister on the wrong... On you fixed that :biggrin:

15. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk