Polaris Is Closing Victory Motorcycles | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Polaris Is Closing Victory Motorcycles

Discussion in 'TheVOG.net News' started by Admin, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Decoy629

Decoy629 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Highball
    Men that realy sucks, now I have a beautifull bike that is worth nothing if want to trade it with a other vic or brand!

2. MO8Ball

MO8Ball Member

Harley Fat Bob
    I am reminded of the time when GM stopped production on the Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Saturn lines. Owners got their service, warranty and maintenance from GM dealers and had no issues with getting service. I expect this will go the same way with Indian dealers along with the old Victory dealers who usually have another product line to sell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sheikyerbouti

sheikyerbouti Member

13 Hardball, Lloydz touring cams, timing wheel, air cleaner, PCV, 1/4 throttle ring, D&D pipes
    I think we need a new oil thread LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Moderator

No changes will be made to the site. We will stay the course. Especially now with them discontinuing production, it will serve as an information depot and help members find parts / have work arounds as it always has.

Thanks,
    - JB

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    @Admin Great news. I was hoping you would say that! Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  6. WERA689

WERA689 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Honda VTR1000F
    JB beat me to it! We're not going anywhere! As long as the bikes are out there, and their riders are in need of information, leads, service, parts and accessories....we're here to help them get together.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dragonman

Dragonman Active Member

Legendary Victory Cross Country & Victory X1
    I'm so upset about this, but starting to calm down a little... I wanted a bike that not too many people had I guess this will be even better no more of them coming out we'll all be real special with out machines.... so it will be even more exclusive as time goes on... as for trading the bike, I dont want to trade it, I love the bike its an awesome machine, the concern will be keeping it going and when traveling if something goes wrong then what?? I hope that Indian and old Vic dealers will continue to service and help Vic owners, if they do they may have a chance at selling us another bike, some dealers sold multiple brands, some are dedicated Indian.... I'm pissed off right now and thinking no way I'd buy an Indian but if the Indian dealers helps out with service and parts for the Vic's who knows maybe they have a chance at some day selling me a bike.... if they dont help well they are doomed.... so for the dealers best interest they should help Vic owners rolling on the roads, I certainly hope they will and that warranty parts will be available at all Polaris dealers regardless of what they sell.... currently its not the case.... some have mecanic that could work on Vic but can't do warranty claims so we can't really go there.... I hope Polaris will try hard to keep old Vic customers happy and a kick at the bucket of trying to sell us our next bike by being extremely good to us old die-hart Vic owners who supported the Victory adventure! Time will tell what kind of company Polaris is.... if they are all about money well selling us parts for more then 10 years might help! Why only 10 years the bike will last a lot longer than 10 years if parts are available...

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Deano106

Deano106 New Member

Vision Tour
    No, we drive on the right side of the road ... it's called the left !
    But it you have a left hand drive bike I can see you might have problems.
    Stay safe Deano.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Kingpin Dan

Kingpin Dan New Member

Victory Cross Country Tour
    Well I always wanted a Victory from when the came out. I final got what I wanted this past year. 2006 Victory Kingpin. Deluxe. I will tell you this. I have ride this bike more then any other bike I have owned. And I will continue to ride it was long as I can. I will continue to love my Kingpin and The Victory brand. This k about it when the Indian brand had stopped being made. It never lost its imaige. And not will Victory. Let be honest. It's a very well designed and build motorcycle. The Indian name is back and one day so will Victory. Put till then we will continue to help keep it alive.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JoeJohnson

JoeJohnson New Member

Vic XC 2014
    Man... I'm pissed to hear about this. I owe more then the bikes worth now.:banghead:
    So much for resale value. What next after this bike.
    I mean the Indians alright but kinda not my style I like the modern look of the vics more

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tgalloway21@yahoo.c

[email protected] New Member

2006 Victory Hammer
    I wonder what the impact will be to the value of the bikes now.......stay the same or drop like a rock?

12. Itch_1

Itch_1 New Member

Hammer
    I have to say that the Victory's will live on for as long as their are rides out there the number of rides per year has gone down over the past 10 years and kids are on the phone, tablets ,instead of on the we are a dying breed ..so get the kids to ride and enjoy the ride ...And I will miss my babys driving force that the dealer created but will keep it for the grand kids cause it never breaks

13. lucky7pro

lucky7pro New Member

2016 Victory Magnum X1
    One of the main problems was the number of dealerships.. I can go anywhere and find a Harley dealer . Vic dealers were far and few. I can not count the number of people that ask me daily , what kind of bike is that? The nearest dealer I have is 3 hours away. Grow the number of dealers and you might see improved sales.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bad Black Vic

Bad Black Vic New Member

Vegas 8 ball
    It was always a tall order for Victory , competing with a legend , or trying to exsist side by side with all the others in the cruiser market. The pie is no longer big enough to justify the overhead of the 2 brands for Polaris. Too bad it is a solid machine

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. englishlou

englishlou New Member

victory gunner harley nightster
    hi deano, i am on this side of the channel , don't know what the roads are like in Belgium, but our's are nothing to write home about!! This new's about polaris pulling the plug is a kick in the goolies, i got mine on the road on the 1st of jan, rode it for six days and the side stand spring let go so i am waiting for the dealer to send me another one. Wonder what will happen to the after sales service and warranty now. Seem's like polaris have shafted their workers and the rider's of a terrific bike!!!