VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the hunt for a polaris rep to speak to me, not via e-mail, but on thre phone.
Anyone who has a phone number-contact info that is " Not " dealer related, please post for me, for us. Thanks, spider

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good luck! I live in the Twin Cities. The home of Corporate and they won't even answer the phone or return emails! And our rep up here won't even return emails to the dealers half the time.

If this company has one glaring negative it is it's lack of communication with the very people that keep them in business!!!!!!!!

Roger

·
Registered
917 Posts
I don't like it either, but I don't think it's much different from other corporations. For example, I don't think I could speak with Toyota or Ford. I'm sure I'd be referred to the dealership just like Victory does. They set up the dealerships as the contacts. Right or wrong seems that's the way it works.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
spider said:
I am on the hunt for a polaris rep to speak to me, not via e-mail, but on thre phone.
Anyone who has a phone number-contact info that is " Not " dealer related, please post for me, for us. Thanks, spider
Hope this regards a quad & not a Vic. Two totally different divisions. Personally I would go to your local Polaris dealer and start up a convo with him and see what you can find out. Go to any regional functions where the reps may be there.

HEHE ~ Tell your dealer you want to call the regional rep and give kudos to your local shop. DON'T tell them I suggested that.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hello again !
I e-mailed polaris last night, all I asked is " If " I had a concern and was " not " happy with my dealers response ( remember, I have no issues with my dealer what so ever ) who can I call? I asked for a phone #, not a dealer, but a company rep.
I received an e-mail from Polaris Industries this morning at 7:29 am.
Quote " If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Polaris Consumer Services at 1-800-304-6067 between the hours of
9:00 am and 11:00 pm CST, Monday through Friday.
Again, thank you for contact Polaris Industries.
Remember folks, I love my vic, I am not out looking to cause problems, I am not takeing sides with anyone here, I am just looking to find a way for all of us to solve the " bad " dealer issues.
I will be calling on monday, and see what I can find out. I will keep this thread posted so maby we can all find a way to solve some of our concerns. spider

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Wow, maybe they are listening, the last itme I emailed them (about 4 months back) I just got a generic response to contact my dealer... Hats off to them, let us know what happens when you call.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I hope you find your answer. I appreciate that you are not bashing Vic or your dealer. I have owned three Vic's the first being a 00C. They had some major issues back then.

All I can tell you is; be level headed when talking to your Dealer and Vic. Dig deep enough and you will get to the person who can do something for you. Dealers are hanging on too keep their business above water, Vic is laying people off for the first time in their history. Treat them right and they will do the same.

You will get to the correct person, don't give up!!

I once had an issue with Direct TV. After getting treated like a piece of ****, I was pissed. Every President or CEO has an e-mail address. They usually are first name dot last name @ directtv.com. I looked at the company profile and got his name. I sent a very business like e-mail to the CEO. To my surprise, he called me. Within minutes, I got three phone calls from others. The next morning, not 1 but 4 installers were knocking at my door. After they left, one of his managers called to see if I was satisfied with the work.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Update.
I called the number today, spoke to a lady named cheryl.
She told me what I already thought, the dealer has the rep info, phone # e-mail, etc.
The number I called was a " consumer " number, she informed me that " Victory " at this time, does not have a " number " for us should we have any concerns.
The " Dealer " is the one to help us ? If we have any " warranty " issues, the " Dealer " will call victory and speak to the " service rep " and try to find a solution to our concerns.
Iasked herwhat I should do if I didn't agree with the answer the " Dealer " and the victory " tech " told me.
She said that I should call the consumer # and they would record, or make a note of the concern.
I asked her what should I do if I need help " right now ", she again, told me to talk to my dealer. Is it just me or does anyone else find this confusing ?
Also so everyone knows, I gave her my name, told her what I ride, and told her that I had nothing but good to say about my dealer, that I was just trying to find a way to help others who were not as lucky as me.
Again, she said that Victory does not have any other way to deal with these issues at this time, that maby in the future things would change.
So here's my thought.
Everybody call the number I posted and talk about the " good " things you like about your ride, then pose the question I posed, if they do track these phone calls, maby they will see a pattern and do something about it !
Something has to change, someday. In the meantime, if you do not " agree " with what your " Dealer " has to say, all I can say to you all is call another dealer.
I will not let this be, I just need to look around at other options, just because they told me " it is what it is " does not mean I'll lay down just yet. spider

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

You think your confused ! I think that maby I really did not call, i'm not even sure if I woke up today ( lol ).
I will definitly keep searching, maby even find out what a " consumer " line is, ( if anyone out there can help, pleeese do so )
I think they listen to our concerns, then file them so at the next board meeting they can say " What should we do ? ", then they say, direct all questions and concerns to the dealers that have " caused" the concerns in the first place, then " hopefully " the concern will go away, if not, re-direct them to the " dealer " again, if they are like " normal " sheep, they " will " go away, if they are " not " normal sheep, keep directing them to the " dealer " who caused this in the first place !
Hopefully they will go away.
Remember people, I am " not " out to trash victory, but, if they keep up with the weirdness, I may say something negative. spider.( ps, I am " not " a" normal "sheep, did ya guess that already ? )

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Sounds like an ostrich, just put your head in the sand and hope it goes away... Well, I along with allot of others found a way to make a note of our concerns... Keep posting and maybe someone will finally get a clue...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I am confused about what your issue is. You like the Dealer but he will not give you what you need? You call Vic they tell you to go to the dealer blah blah blah.... What the heck is the issue??? Before I can jump on a band wagon I need to know some of the facts. Vic is no different than any other Bike or car maker. They all feel that thats what they pay the dealer for. So whats up??

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

bubba said:
I am confused about what your issue is. You like the Dealer but he will not give you what you need? You call Vic they tell you to go to the dealer blah blah blah.... What the heck is the issue??? Before I can jump on a band wagon I need to know some of the facts. Vic is no different than any other Bike or car maker. They all feel that thats what they pay the dealer for. So whats up??
Sorry Spider I wanted to answer this as an outsider that is happy with what you are trying to accomplish and feel free to correct me.
Bubba, Spider doesn't have any problems with Victory or his dealer but he has been reading many post of riders that have had dealer issues (I was one of them). Allot of us have tried to call or email someone at Victory in the past and never been able to get anyone (for me it's been six months since I tried). I realize a manufacturer does not want to make it to easy to get in touch with them because the dealer is the first line of customer service but when that fails, where is the next rung on the ladder? Spider is just IMO taking a pro-active response to all the complaints that have been posted here and other sites. There should be a way to go up the food chain at any company, I can get in touch with someone at GM or Ford Corporate, it takes about a week but it does happen. Why shouldn't we expect the same from Victory? Bikes are a very personnal machine and manufacturers should keep this in mind.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Did you ask your Dealer for the Contact Info of the Regional Rep? I would think that would be the next rung on the latter. I am not trying to be a jerk, been dealing with Vic for a long time and never had an issue that I could not resolve. Believe me I have had a few.

Hate to say it, but they are not going to make it easy for the Consumer to reach big Daddy Vic. Why would they??

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

I think most of this started with the 1200 mile clutch issue on another tread. My issue was with aftermarket exhaust installed improperly by the dealer that I just gave up on and ordered another set of pipes from another dealer and ate the $1,250.00. Needless to say I won't be back to him but when your problem is with a dealer you should be able to call someone and at that time I couldn't get anyone to help. Now I am alittle wiser and come to this site when I need help. Although I haven't had an issue since the pipes were replaced.
On a personal note my only issue with Victory is at a dealer level. Some people out there are extremely lucky to have a good dealer and some of us are not. Victory itself makes a great product.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.