VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I want to buy Sirrus satelite radio for the Vision. Wal-Mart has the complete package with the car kit for only $79.00 . I was at the Victory dealer today and he said I could not hook up and play the Wal-Mart unit to the bike because there is no way to integrate it into the bikes sound system. He said I would have to purchase the Victory satelite unit ($550.00 plus $200.00 instalation ) if I wanted to hook it up to the bike. Is he trying to rip me off or what. I have seen many videos on Youtube that clearly shows the Sirrus radio unit that you can buy from Wal-Mart or Best Buy hooked up to the Vision and they seem to work just fine. Could someone please tell me what I need to buy extra to make Sirrus satelite radio work instead of buying the Victory unit.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
If you use an aftermarket reciever you need to plug it into your AUX jack or most of them have an FM modulator. It is no problem hooking it up either way and should work fine. The aux input will sound better then the modulator.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The dealer may have been referring to the integrated factory iPod connection which shows info on the LCD screen and allows the channel buttons to function on the console. It is pretty simple to hook up a sat radio just to hear it, but for the full system integration allowing display features and buttons you need the factory install. I use the Garmin XM antenna and don't really miss the factory added features. Up to you how much those extra features are worth, if anything.

·
Registered
92 Posts

I bought my XM unit at Wal-Mart. It's the Audivox model. Mine has an FM Transmitter built in that you could tune in through your Vision's radio. You just find an open frequency on your bike's radio,then program your XM to transmit at that frequency.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.