VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
nope, where are they turning blue at? Whats done to the bike?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
you are talking under the shields? If so, it's normal. Stock bike??

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is normal. Stock bikes today have air injected into the exhaust to dilute exhaust gasses. This air creates additional burning IN the pipes for cleaner emissions. That is the reason for the chrome heat shields OVER the pipes themself. I like it!!! I find it neat that they chose the EXACT color of the pipes to match the illumination color of the gauges. :)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Rebel715 said:
This is normal. Stock bikes today have air injected into the exhaust to dilute exhaust gasses. This air creates additional burning IN the pipes for cleaner emissions. That is the reason for the chrome heat shields OVER the pipes themself. I like it!!! I find it neat that they chose the EXACT color of the pipes to match the illumination color of the gauges. :)
Ah, there's no air injection into the exhaust and every motorcycle I've owned since 1976 has blued head pipes as did every chrome or polished single wall header I've ever installed on cars or boats.

1600 degree exhaust gas temperature tends to do that to pipes ;)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
jgn281 said:
I have a '09 vis tour and it does the same thing. My goldwing friends are trying to tell me the bike is running lean but I don't think so.
Tell your goldwing friends to look beyond the plastic cover over their exhaust pipes and they will see plenty of bluing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, this bluing is normal? Bike has 2600 miles on it. Runs normal from what I can tell. My 2000 ZR-7 also blues, but that is a 4cy Carb.
I just emailed my service guy at the dealership for his feedback.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
26,089 Posts
Ive always liked the way pipes blue. I think its pretty.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So, this bluing is normal? Bike has 2600 miles on it. Runs normal from what I can tell. My 2000 ZR-7 also blues, but that is a 4cy Carb.
I just emailed my service guy at the dealership for his feedback. View attachment 4734
Yes, normal. Thats why they use a sheild / pipe cover to allow the pipe to heat cycle while keeping that cool chrome or flat black look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.