VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

To get the latest updates automatically,
Click on Subscribe (just left of the Quote tab) next line up,right corner.

The Niagara Falls Blvd Ride, 330kms,
(Thunder Above The Falls - Ride)
17 Bikes so far
- Weather is going to be Sunny and High of 63F
Saturday September 19th
with Saturday September 26th as a Rain date since most of the members were availablefor both weekends anyway. I know it's hard for the out of Towner's to reschedule, but we are pleased that you even considered joining us,onthe other handif the weather holds out we get another weekend to ride. (bonus)
- Place, Peak Powersports 4325 Harvester Road Unit 12 Burlington, Ontario, L7L 5M4
- Time, Meet & Greet 9:00 am (Full Tanks Empty Bladders)
- As this is a 300 km's plus ride we will stop in Fort Eireto top off ourfuel tanks for those that wish to do so
- Depart, 9:30 am Sharp
-Ride to Dunville (Tim's Stop), Ride along Lake Erie Shoreline to Port Colborne, Hwy #3 to Fort Erie (Tim's Stop), Niagara Falls BLVD to The Boat House for Lunch, then Down to the Falls, and onto Niagara-On-The-Lake, to Port Dalhousie (Tim's Stop) and then along the Niagara Escarpmenton the way back.

The Weather is starting to clear for the weekend of September 19th,
Link for the 14 Day trend, Keep your fingersXed.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=fourteenday&placecode=caon0289&ref=wxeyewx14dayv2

More information to follow.

Everyone, again your response has been Great. We have members coming fromSudbury, London, Toronto, Winona, Hamilton, St. Anns,Stoney Creek, Oakville, Manitobaand Washingtonville, New York
Just keep watching the Lead Post for further updates.

The Ride Route

For those coming in from out of our area and need a place to sleep, here are a couple of places close to the Dealership Peak Powersports
4325 Harvester Road, Unit 12 Burlington, Ont. L7L 5M4
905-681-7270
Hotels
1. Admiral Inn (QEW & Walkers Line) Close to Peak
3500 Billings Court, Burlington, L7N 3N6,
1-866-236-4661
Ride Safe: Alan/OT

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
okay, okay, okay, I'm in, sort of
What day are you planning? I'll be working Sundays straight through until November.
You gotta promise to have me home by midnight or the Vision turns into a Pumpkin!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Candubrain said:
Hey Spider
You have one more star than me!
I'm renaming you Chatty Cathy!
Don't forget, you have a job, I don't ! lol
Also, I think my star count is broke, I thought it was 1 star per 100 posts.
( I really don't care, my bikes odometer count is all I need, lol. )

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
OneThumb said:
Candubrain said:
okay, okay, okay, I'm in, sort of
What day are you planning? I'll be working Sundays straight through until November.
You gotta promise to have me home by midnight or the Vision turns into a Pumpkin!
Brian, not sure yet but we could bring a ride up to you say for a NiceFamilyThanksgiving Day Dinner or just a Fall Colours Run.Maybe I should just put up a poll to see how everyone feels about that one. The leaves change a little earlier up your way don't they? It just was mentioned to me yesterday.
Alan
I'm game for that, but the fall and spring are bad times for me as that is when most Nukes come down for outages as the demand for power is low then.
My only day off on the Thanksgiving long weekend is the Saturday, which I will most likely be down in Guelph with our parents and kids.

I'll lurk on this thread and see when you are riding for sure, my work schedule changes almost daily, the 6 week look ahead I get is only a guide as we are required to be flexable

·
Registered
834 Posts
Candubrain said:
I'll lurk on this thread and see when you are riding for sure, my work schedule changes almost daily, the 6 week look ahead I get is only a guide as we are required to be flexable
See thats where my being married to the boss is so good. Kissing up for a day off to ride becomes a real win win situation. It also requires a great deal of flexability!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
When you have the date nailed down it will be easier to try to head up north to join you.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Trekwolf164 said:
When you have the date nailed down it will be easier to try to head up north to join you.
Trekwolf164
We would be glad to have you come to join us, just a note, Passports are now required, you might be able to cross over here without but, getting back you will need one for sure. What's works best for you Saturday or Sunday?
OneThumb

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

I think Sat because we could ride up on Friday ride sat then return Sun.
Donna and I both have passports

·
Registered
814 Posts

I'm clear to go as long as mother nature doesn't interfere.I still want to get to know the group down there so I feel a little less like an outsider up here. I'm counting on the southern portion of the province to provide warmer riding weather than we'll have up here by then so see what you can do for me, please.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm thinking the Admiral Inn, I haven't contacted them yet but I had a reservation for the VOG ride until I cancelled out and their rates seemedpretty good so I'll probably book the same place. I'm assuming the ride starts from Peak or will you be heading out from a different location?

·
Registered
554 Posts
OneThumb said:
Chris said:
Im in if Im home and not out trucken!!
Yah Yah Yah, Same Ole, Same Ole, Like I haven't herd that one before.
YA YA YA I know but life as a long distance trucker is a life of never knowing when you'll be home or for how long so you'll have to suck it up and Acept that for my answer my bro!! LMFAO!!

·
Registered
78 Posts

Saturday is best for us.
AND Canadians and Americans HAVE to have Passports to cross the borders flying or driving.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.