VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to get a phone charger on my 09 Vision? I also can't seem to find in the manual what the jacks in the glove box and in the trunk are for. I suppose someone told me at the dealer but if so I have forgotten.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I am confused. Another post you say you are thinking about selling your Vision but you don't know everything about it yet? Just not that important?
If you had done a search months ago you would have known what those outlets are for.
Put gas in, put key in, become bored now sell it......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right. I probably did know what the power outlets were at one time but no I didn't deem it important because I don't use heated clothes or anything. When I got a phone with internet I then thought I needed to charge it when on the road so I could look up hotels and other things. By this time I must have forgotten what the odd plugs were. I looked in the manual and could find nothing so I asked on here and was given an immediate answer. I ordered the correct adapter and it worked great. You are also right that I do put gas in, turn key and go. I don't buy a bike to work on it that is why I like to stay in one that is under warranty. I do however know how every feature that I use on the bike works and if I buy another Vision I will also sell it in a couple of years. Extended warranties are expensive and if you do not lose too much when trading I think it is a better deal to stay in a warrantied one. This would not be as important for someone who enjoys working on their bike but I work when I am not riding not when I am.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
ngford said:
I looked in the manual and could find nothing so I asked on here and was given an immediate answer. I ordered the correct adapter and it worked great. You are also right that I do put gas in, turn key and go. I don't buy a bike to work on it that is why I like to stay in one that is under warranty. I do however know how every feature that I use on the bike works and if I buy another Vision I will also sell it in a couple of years. Extended warranties are expensive and if you do not lose too much when trading I think it is a better deal to stay in a warrantied one. This would not be as important for someone who enjoys working on their bike but I work when I am not riding not when I am.
Very Well Said!

You're not alone as I'm one who (when I have a bike) doesn't do my own work. I will say that while running this site and reading the various threads, I have learned quite a bit about the inner workings of a bike as well as the importance of having a good Dealer.

I can identify with your line "...but I work when I'm not riding not when I am" as when I lived in Tennessee and was working for what seemed like eight days per week, riding was my "getaway" time from work.

I do have great respect for those who have the skills to know what's going on with the engine, transmission and other moving parts of a bike. But like you, I've never been one to do my own mods or repairs. So, feel free to ask any questions you may have about your bike. I probably won't be the one to answer them (unless it's about how to upload a photo into the gallery!), but hopefully, others will chime-in with a solid response.

Now, I'm looking forward to when that demo truck makes it to my neck of the woods...and hopefully, some more Dealers in my area.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't work on my bikes either except to change the oil. I also get tired of them fairly quickly and want something new. Everyone is different that's why there are so many different brands of bikes and different bikes within the brand. Do what you like it's your money!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the support. I didn't really plan on feeling guilty for thinking about selling my bike. It is a remarkable bike and I can't say a negative thing about it. I may not even make a change. It was just something I am considering.

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts

LOL, I got an angry reply from REDRyder the first time I asked a question on here.
Oddly, the internet does funny things to people, you never know who's gonna be a hoot to ride with and sound like a jerk online.
Since i've owned a bunch of bikes and 9 brand new cars/trucks I'm with you, ride what you want and if you sell the Anniversary, goodluck it is a sweetheart, but still just a bike.
I hold bikes a bit longer, but I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to gadgets and goodies,,
Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.