VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here in Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital with my dad-in-law.

Today is supposed to be the rehearsal for my son's wedding. I'm not sure I will make it.

I love bikes-- I enjoy the banter on the forum, and recently with the release of the new Harley's, all the talk of what we'd like "in the stable".

Doesn't really matter in the end, does it?

Life is short.

My son has his life ahead of him. My dad-in-law is looking at the end. It's been an emotional few days.

I am thankful for having the Lord in my life as an anchor. I am thankful for the ones I love so much. I am thankful for blessings like a beautiful ride on a beautiful bike on a beautiful day.

Ride safe. Enjoy today. Trust God.
View attachment 495467

·
Registered
634 Posts
Peace and Prayers for you and your Family during a tough time. Watching someone you care about leave this Life slowly is a tough thing to have to do. Enjoy the moments that you may have left with him. Visit the Chapel and the Clergy for comfort.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Sorry, Jon. When the life of a loved one comes full circle it's hard for everyone. I am sure there will be many happy family get-togethers spent reminiscing about the wonderful times together.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou---

I think life events bring us back to reality and put things back in perspective....at least it does for me.

Looking forward to a long ride. Wish I had my bike with me.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Sorry to hear, prayers sent for strength and comfort for you and your family during this time. So many times people myself included get in a hurry in life planning for the future and forget to slow down and enjoy what we already have, as well as the memories of people/things we have already experienced.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Sending prayers my friend.

Lost an Uncle last week. Haven't seen him in several months. I regret not going to his last (unbeknownst to him) fish fry a couple of weeks ago.

Take advantage of the time you have left with him.

Reactions: notaharley

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
Life, on life's terms. Very good to hear that your faith brings you strength and hope, as well as the wisdom to understand perspective. Do hope that this same faith is at work within your entire family. Then all will be well.

I've found it very curious, that the hard things usually turn out to be some of the best things, when we hold hope and faith. Blessings to you all.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thankyou!
My son's wedding went well, and was emotional in It's own way.
Exciting to see a special couple who have "done it the right way" launch a new life together.
Life is sobering at times,.and rightly so.
We should not waste any of it!

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
All the best to you and your family my friend.
I lost my brother this year unexpectedly shortly after I lost one of my best friends. His death was expected my brother was a hard hit. Now my Father in law living with us ( dimensia).

We sometimes have to complete our journey of life with wounds and holes in our heart. It tends to slow us down a bit and open our eyes. Thanks to God for our loving family and friends to help us thru. Oh and yes thank Victory for helping us escape when it’s needed. That too is a blessing in disguise.

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
I don't want to hijack the thread, and you guys don't have to respond. But, I got some news today that really ties in with this thought. I don't know if I would call it irony or what, but my neighbor and a good friend and riding pal for about 12 years now was killed yesterday on his bike. Wow.......perspective.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I don't want to hijack the thread, and you guys don't have to respond. But, I got some news today that really ties in with this thought. I don't know if I would call it irony or what, but my neighbor and a good friend and riding pal for about 12 years now was killed yesterday on his bike. Wow.......perspective.
Prayer sent for strength and comfort for family and friends, sorry for your loss of a friend and neighbor.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You guys are all so very correct here.

Prayers sent to all of you for continued Blessings and comfort.

Sorry slight hijack here....

I have always thought that God will never be PC enough for all of Earth's 7.6 billion sinners.

WW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sitting here in Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital with my dad-in-law.

Today is supposed to be the rehearsal for my son's wedding. I'm not sure I will make it.

I love bikes-- I enjoy the banter on the forum, and recently with the release of the new Harley's, all the talk of what we'd like "in the stable".

Doesn't really matter in the end, does it?

Life is short.

My son has his life ahead of him. My dad-in-law is looking at the end. It's been an emotional few days.

I am thankful for having the Lord in my life as an anchor. I am thankful for the ones I love so much. I am thankful for blessings like a beautiful ride on a beautiful bike on a beautiful day.

Ride safe. Enjoy today. Trust God.
View attachment 495467
My prayers go up for you aba your family. Time will heal your pain and you will remember the good times you had together. Stay strong my brother and keep the rubber turning in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
My wife and I, having both lost our parents, understand. They were long lived and had full lives; my FIL being the last to pass at age 96. The perspective that you take is most important; don't focus on the "loss", but rather the treasure that their life was to you and your family. Many people aren't so fortunate; those situations truly weigh heavy on my heart. Life is about relationships; treasure each one of them.

...I don't know what to write that can eloquently sum up the design of full life, but being there to support and give love to another in a time when it truly matters most is a gift worth giving.

Nothing we have is permanent; it's on loan to us and we're merely stewards of it. When we leave this life, we leave everything here; we take nothing with us. Be a good steward and make wise choices.

We'll be praying for you and your family, Jon.

• Winner
Reactions: notaharley
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.