VOG Forum banner

Performance parts for the Indian Challenger

8K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Bikesofbrads 
#1 ·
Ward Performance is working on performance parts for the Indian Challenger.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Maybe that's why polanus killed victory, the bolt-ons were too good and easy and gained too much HP by doing so, and Vic's didn't break down that often,

so to follow suit of HD, seems the Challenger make upgrades a pain in the butt, removing engines, minimum HP gains ... Yeah can see were this is going, better wait for 2025 models to come out, then see

#8 ·
I wonder if there will ever be crate 108 engines available one day. Trade your stock engine in as a core. I mean what the hell, right? Engine is comin out anyway!

Reactions: Bikesofbrads
#14 ·
I never understood why some of the Vic tuners never did this. A completely rebuilt 117" engine ready to be swapped out with the 106". I'd 'guess' 90% of people end up with the same 90% of internals anyway. So when the shop has the time, they rebuild a 106" into a 117" ready for the next big bore customer to roll in and get the motor swapped out in a few hours time. Dyno tested at the end with either a PCV or Maximus.

Maybe the rebuilt 177" 'crate' motor would even have the better c-clip in the transmission. I don't see a 106" core exchange 117" crate motor being $6,500 to $7,000 but I've been wrong before.

#13 ·
"Ported heads, larger fuel injectors, larger bore size, bigger valves, hotter cams, higher compression pistons, higher flowing air filter, performance two into one exhaust, dyno tuned ECM fuel map will put of high 140 HP."

So with all this we have gained about 40 HP at the wheel. I think stock it's 122 at the crank, so about 100-ish at the wheel. Larger bore size, eh? How much displacement would be gained I wonder? The 108ci becomes the 118ci? But I mean man, everything you listed, well, that is basically a new engine! So you will have 10 grand or more into a bike you JUST spent 30 on? I guess some actually plan for it and build that cost into the purchasing decision. Yikes! That is a lot of dough for a bike.

#16 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle

This S&S built Challenger has a highflow filter, exhaust, cams and ported heads... A 170hp/160tq 132" HD couldn't run away from that little 108" Victory, excuse me, Indian with a full buggy stage 2 build.

So add the 8 hrs to r&I the engine and your at $3k for 150-160 hp.

When they put the 108 in something like the Springfield in the next year or two, many will jump at a 150+hp stage2 bagger out the door.

#21 · (Edited)
What’s so “elite” about that bike, looks like a base model other than the pre installed BB that hadn’t sold yet. Is that for left over 20’s or the 21’s. So if 100 people went & bought the Elite model Llyods would put his bb kit in all of them? I’ll need to magnify the fine print b4 I’m believing it. I love what Llyods does for the brands but business is business & that entails the fine print

#22 ·
What's so "elite" about that bike, looks like a base model other than the pre installed BB that hadn't sold yet. Is that for left over 20's or the 21's. So if 100 people went & bought the Elite model Llyods would put his bb kit in all of them? I'll need to magnify the fine print b4 I'm believing it. I love what Llyods does for the brands but business is business
The Elite is to Indian , what a Magnum was to Victory.

#24 ·
I was just looking around on Charlotte Indians site, gorgeous machines with tons of cool new gadgets to play with. Luckily, my rational cheapassery side murdered my impulsive side yrs ago leaving myself & my family financial wisdom to live within our means. Happily, not every’s as poor & reasonable as me & maybe someday, I’ll get another sweet bike that’s already had all the goodies added for 1/3 the cost. I ain’t too good for pre loved. I’m happy for those who buy m, upgrade them & ride it for a few thousand miles & then sell them for cheap!!!!!

#31 ·
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern
@iabob Thanks 4 sharing ur knowledge & explanation, many appreciates it. Here's my graph, was in the 90's during tuning

#32 ·
View attachment 569703 @iabob Thanks 4 sharing ur knowledge & explanation, many appreciates it. Here's my graph, was in the 90's during tuning
Damn that's a sweet gain! Here's a fat finger edit to illustrate my point. Fat finger edit is the green line. Imagine a different exhaust, cam, or intake that makes as much torque but comes on 300-400 rpm later, and holds onto it 300-400 rpm later. That's basically the green line, which makes about 100 ft-lbs of torque at 6000 rpm, which would equal 114.24 hp. But it's missing almost 15 ft-lbs from 2500-3500 rpm! You did awesome.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

#33 ·
Is why it’s so important not to get so hung up on numbers, having a completely unknown ( to the guru’s & here on the vog ) slip on exhaust made by Matuza. They came on the bike & I really like their sound so didn’t wanna change them but would if needed. To my surprise Rylan @ TVS said they did well but because of my preconceived “numbers” expectations I was ( admittedly ) disappointed until I rode her & that quickly changed. We flew out & spent 4 days riding back home to Ohio checking out everything we could along the way, fantastic trip btw. As I’ve studied others dyno sheets I realized TVS numbers were always lil lower than the others & with 4 months of my butt dyno on hills loaded down I know I made the right decisions. Thanks to U guys here & esp with slickvics personal experience with both 501’s & the 505’s I truly am thrilled with my bike’s performance. U guys kick a$$ & I learn something new constantly on here. Numbers ain’t everything but if to you they are, just getta supercharger. :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.