VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new Penske shock on my CC. The original shock started leaking oil. I got the shock from conquest and was very happy with how quickly they shipped it.
When got it I noticed the lower clevis has an offset and there were no instructions to indicate if the offset should be toward the front or rear. So...I called Conquest and asked. I thought Scott told me it should be to the rear. While installing it, the fit didn't seem to look correct with the offset pointing to the rear and it was to late to call back. I thought maybe I got mixed up on what I was told or forgot. I went ahead and installed it with the offset to the front because it seemed to fit the shape of the swing arm better.
After I finished the installation I started having second thoughts, so I send an email to Scott asking for clarification. That was Tuesday and I still haven't heard back. I'm really not in a big hurry because of all the rain around Houston this week, but I decided why not ask the VOG.
Does anyone know for sure what is the correct orientation for the lower clevis on a Penske shock when mounting on a cross country?
Camera accessory Coil spring Cameras & optics Suspension Gas

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive tire Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Tread
I just got down and took another look. From the look of the gap in front of the clevis I suspect I have it backwards...but I'd still like to hear from others that have installed a Penske.

·
Registered
838 Posts
It certainly looks backwards to me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Automotive lighting Wheel Hood Tire Automotive tire
After getting confirmation of the correct position, I've switched it to be as it should be. As you can see, there is now a gap on the rear of the clevis. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure this is to allow clearance as the suspension strokes.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the follow up Preach. Just to clarify this for others, if you draw a center line the length of the shock, the lower mounting hole is offset from the center. This offset should point toward the rear. When mounted this way there will also be a bigger gap between the clevis and the swing arm, and this gap will also be to the rear (as seen in the last pic).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.