VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone mess with penny stocks? I've been investing in Medical Marijuana INC (MJNA) stock and this is my first real stock investment and being a low $$ investment it's kind of fun. I have $700 worth at .097 cents a share so minor fluctuations make a lot of change because of the number of stocks I have.

Has anyone had a penny stock pay off? I've been up $160 as a best in the two weeks I've owned it but then it drops back. What's been your experiences?

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Yes the pot stocks do Bounce Around a little more than I like. I did pretty well with one last year though. If you watch them closely you can get a hit here and there. I bought trtc at $0.21 and then sold all but 1200 shares at $0.57. That stocks been a dog ever since but I got a nice little chunk of change from it and the shares I still have I consider getting them free because I sold when it peaked. But it's back down to the value that I originally purchased it at. I keep most of my stock portfolio in monthly dividend stocks that have been stable for many years. When I get paid monthly I stress out a little less over the stock value.

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Company been around going on 8 years and stock price is at a penny/share. Hmmmm......
Legal medical weed has taken off in only the lest few years.

Intel was a penny stock for almost 10 years.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Anyone mess with penny stocks? I've been investing in Medical Marijuana INC (MJNA) stock and this is my first real stock investment and being a low $$ investment it's kind of fun. I have $700 worth at .097 cents a share so minor fluctuations make a lot of change because of the number of stocks I have.

Has anyone had a penny stock pay off? I've been up $160 as a best in the two weeks I've owned it but then it drops back. What's been your experiences?
I had fnma, and fmcc when it was like 20 some cents.... Then I panicked at 88 cents and sold(my trading account was suspended for 30 days), then it made it to a lil over 5 and I was pissed off!!!! So... Y penny stocks are a huge risk, I've bought 20+k shares of some, then they go through ****ty splits, then end up with 5 shares costing $30/each... And worth less than when I bought....

• Winner
Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
235 Posts
You would be real happy if you had taken a $100 profit and sold and banked the profit and then repeat.Trades are very cheap as low as $6 a trade.Warren buffet says you will never be sad about taking a profit.Personally I lost a lot of money day trading and quit because it is so hard not to be greedy and want more and more profit.Good luck to you.also when market suddenly drops big it can be impossible to unload the penny stocks.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I think the pot stock fluctuates so much because it's too hard to not smoke up the profit.

Then there's the munchies, corporate lunches at Taco Bell. Even with a great dollar menu, it still adds up when you're binging.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
You would be real happy if you had taken a $100 profit and sold and banked the profit and then repeat.Trades are very cheap as low as $6 a trade.Warren buffet says you will never be sad about taking a profit.Personally I lost a lot of money day trading and quit because it is so hard not to be greedy and want more and more profit.Good luck to you.also when market suddenly drops big it can be impossible to unload the penny stocks.
Well, if you trade right, you trade a basket, so you can buy multiple stocks in one trade...

The biggest problem with Penny stocks is, the pump and dump... Bigger assholes than you or I will buy $10k worth, stock not move much, then next thing you know there's a campaign about this stock that's gonna hit 4 bucks, you say **** it's only .04 cents I'll buy 100 bucks worth, you and a bunch of other do it, cause volume to go up, stupid ass market makers put bull**** prices on it, then it gets high enough to reach a market maker the one that bought the shares for nothing sells it all makes another 50k profit, then you end up with a **** stock that sits in your portfolio as a loss...

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've sold and re-bought a few times now and have made a few $100 off of it. Right now I'm up $290 so when it hits $300 I'll sell and re-buy when it drops again.

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
131 Posts

Back in 1967 when I was thirteen, dad wanted to teach us kids something about the stock market. He told us kids to pick three stocks. Unknown to us he had already bought some G.M., General Electric, the company he worked for.. Well, I was into music so I told him to buy Sony; yes a penny stock then. Foreign too. No go and now we still have to work for our money.lol

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've taken my original $700 investment and turned it into $2043.76 as of end of trading Friday. Not earth shattering by any means but moving in a positive direction. GOPH has been my stock of choice lately and yes I'm still having fun especially now that I'm investing with profits.

Reactions: lou8700
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.