VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard Scout pegs need a little ' stretching' whatever that means. Maybe the hole spacing needs redrilling.
I'll be watching your post if you find an Octane part source.
Ya I've heard you can elongate the scout pegs but I'm not really sure what that means... don't really want to spend the money on the scout pegs just to **** then up

·
Registered
6 Posts
I managed to find a shop out in California that had one set left (I live in MN). Called them up, bought them over the phone and am paying to have them shipped. Took a week of scouring all over the place and all over the internet before finding a place that had even ONE set left in stock.

Found one guy on the website OfferUp that has a pair that he said he is selling. Catch is... he lives in Elk Grove California (outside of Sacramento), and he only wants to sell them locally and only for cash... He seems unwilling to sell them for anything but Cash and is not willing to ship them.

BUT... if anyone is around that area that needs some pegs or wants to try and haggle this dude into selling them or shipping them, then best of luck. Link below.

Victory Octane- Passenger footpegs. Like New!!

Found another guy who also has a set listed (as of 9 months ago). Lives outside of Phoenix. No idea if he still has the pegs as he never got back to me. Could be because in the initial message I sent him, I asked if he would be willing to ship them (probably made him not interested in selling to me instantly with that question). Anyways here is the link to that post as well.

Victory Octane passenger pegs

Otherwise.. I was searching all over the internets and was calling small time shops all across the US looking for these dang pegs and various other accessories. And I DO mean ALL across the country. I have the Passenger back rest coming in from a small shop in Maine and the footpegs on their way from another small shop in California. Finding the pegs was by far the hardest part. I spent some time every single day for the better part of a week looking around and calling places trying to find them. Persistence paid off in the end though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to find a shop out in California that had one set left (I live in MN). Called them up, bought them over the phone and am paying to have them shipped. Took a week of scouring all over the place and all over the internet before finding a place that had even ONE set left in stock.

Found one guy on the website OfferUp that has a pair that he said he is selling. Catch is... he lives in Elk Grove California (outside of Sacramento), and he only wants to sell them locally and only for cash... He seems unwilling to sell them for anything but Cash and is not willing to ship them.

BUT... if anyone is around that area that needs some pegs or wants to try and haggle this dude into selling them or shipping them, then best of luck. Link below.

Victory Octane- Passenger footpegs. Like New!!

Found another guy who also has a set listed (as of 9 months ago). Lives outside of Phoenix. No idea if he still has the pegs as he never got back to me. Could be because in the initial message I sent him, I asked if he would be willing to ship them (probably made him not interested in selling to me instantly with that question). Anyways here is the link to that post as well.

Victory Octane passenger pegs

Otherwise.. I was searching all over the internets and was calling small time shops all across the US looking for these dang pegs and various other accessories. And I DO mean ALL across the country. I have the Passenger back rest coming in from a small shop in Maine and the footpegs on their way from another small shop in California. Finding the pegs was by far the hardest part. I spent some time every single day for the better part of a week looking around and calling places trying to find them. Persistence paid off in the end though!
You're story sounds exactly like mine. I just got lucky with a shop in Texas (I live in Minnesota also) said pegs will be here maybe Wednesday! Leaders rpm had the backrest for me

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
THanks for sharing the pix. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust thouhg? My exhuast is the two pipe and the top pipe covers the area in the picture where your pegs are mounted.

Google Image Result for https://cdn8.bigcommerce.com/s-1lutun72z8/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/175739/104962/663939b__18752.1477596195.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on
Mine looks like this bike

Do you know if the Scout pegs would fit behind the stock 2pipe exhuast?
I don't see why they wouldn't fit behind. The exhaust is the same as a Scout. You may have to pull off the top can for easier access. I bought the bike with the after market exhaust already installed so I don't know how much room you have to work with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.