VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I hope you bought them as they are extremely rare these days.

·
Registered
266 Posts
They appear intermittently on ebay. There's also a Chinese vendor who seems to sell compatible units. No idea what the quality level is.
Where?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thought about buying some. Gave me a decent price if I'd buy 2 sets. Worth it if there was someone local that didn't need shipping to.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Ouch!! $500 just for the pegs and mounts!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ouch!! $500 just for the pegs and mounts!
Yep, $899 with a passenger pillion. I bought the bike with 2000 miles, pipes, air cleaner, power commander & a leather tool bag for $10,998. I need a passenger set up and the factory stuff looked way better than the Chinese stuff I looked at for $299. I still need a pillion but I'm figuring on a $99 eBay piece, take it apart, add a gel pad and put a real leather cover onto it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was at MOMSouth about 2 months ago when I bought my bike and they said they were having trouble sourcing the mounts. I got anxious and ended up buying a Chinese set from eBay but I have not installed them on my 2017 Gunner.

So, does anyone have any long term experience with the Chinese knock-offs from eBay? Any reliability issues?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was at MOMSouth about 2 months ago when I bought my bike and they said they were having trouble sourcing the mounts. I got anxious and ended up buying a Chinese set from eBay but I have not installed them on my 2017 Gunner.

So, does anyone have any long term experience with the Chinese knock-offs from eBay? Any reliability issues?
China just started selling the, don't think they could be that bad. They've been selling race rearsets for years with no problems.

Idk, he told me they had 9 sets on the shelf and that the price would just keep going up. Not really cool that a dealer is hoarding parts so they can overcharge customers.
Once people realize the Chinese have gotten in the game, he's gonna have some paperweights.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.