VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my son out on the bike this summer but the passenger pegs are so low he can't touch them. Anyone know of a lift kit for them, I want him to have more points of contact than just his butt.

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts
I like the boot idea but I don't think he is strong enough for that. He's 10 about 8 inches short of the pegs.
At eight inches short the risers are not going to really do anything. They only give about about an inch and a half to two inches rise.

They are simply blocks of aluminum you place between the board and mount.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
hmmmm...VVB's pic got my brain workin'. @NumbRightHand with the passenger board in the "up" position like that, I wonder if that would be a suitable footrest for your little one (just figure out how to keep it in the upright position) ??? My midwest hack roots are showing....now where did i put that duct tape? :idea:

Reactions: BoilerMan

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts
Also the bag doors hit the boards with the risers on if you just let them drop. Any higher and they'll hit every time.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Wood Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Having to raise that much ?

I would remove the stock floorboards, get a piece of 1" square stock and 1" strap steel.

Sit the square stock behind the riser standing up . Then two pieces of the flat strip to attach to the pivot point. Kinka like that.

Doing it this way with a peg would clear the bag doors. You may want to offset or angle them back to clear your legs when reaching for the ground.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got lucky and found a passenger riser set at Randy's cycles, but it was a couple of years ago. Maybe they still have a set laying around.

[edit]After posting this, I thought I had posted here about the passenger foot rest when I bought them. I just went and found the thread and it was almost 4 years ago. Time flies when you having fun.

Here is the thread where they are talked about and a couple of people at the time said they had sets they wanted to get rid of, maybe they still do?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.