VOG Forum banner

Parts

1127 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  BobMoe
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2017 High Ball and I love it. Knowing that the bike specific parts are going to dry up at some point in the future, are there any parts that I should be collecting ahead of time in case I need them at a later date and they might be difficult or impossible to get?

Thanks
Bob
Reactions: Bikesofbrads
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,503 Posts
Welcome to ownership of the easiest machine to maintain ever, seriously! An extra 40amp circuit breaker, a flasher relay, an extra clutch cable, belt ( most get 100,000 miles per belt ) and use a proven Jaso Ma oil with filter & change it before not after it’s due. Most parts are still very easy to get so isn’t much trouble there except for body parts but can be found used online. Strongly suggest downloading the service manual for your model ( is on here somewhere) and watching Rylan Voss aka Vicbuilder on youtube, Paulpomerleau victory videos ( his is an cross country but lots of great general info that’ll cross over to your model, especially his clutch cable repair stuff & last but not least is Cory aka RT Thor on here has bunch of great videos on everything Victory under Hammered Steel Performance. Get comfy with your favorite drink, sit back, read & watch.

· Registered
6,726 Posts

· Registered
2,294 Posts
If Polaris is supposed to have parts available for ten years, why can't I get a speed sensor.
What year is your KP? A member here @zerocool also can be found @thevicwerks makes replacement sensors for the '06 and '07 bikes. Don't know about the ones earlier than that but the '05 Hammer and the '06 and '07 bikes are the only ones that seem to fail.
Rylan at the Vicshop was making an add on for awhile that counted the teeth on the front pulley.

· Registered
64 Posts
What year is your KP? A member here @zerocool also can be found @thevicwerks makes replacement sensors for the '06 and '07 bikes. Don't know about the ones earlier than that but the '05 Hammer and the '06 and '07 bikes are the only ones that seem to fail.
Rylan at the Vicshop was making an add on for awhile that counted the teeth on the front pulley.
07 KP. I have replaced the sensor with no joy. I've been messing with a broken Torsion spring on my garage door. I needed a $6 part to get my door open. But, due to the " parts shortage " local dealers won't sell parts. They will install them for $105 an hour. Two weeks delivery Lowes & Home D. Ebay, three days. Coplay sent correct replacement springs in 5 days. Plan to spend tomorrow changing oils and ohming sensor to speedo . Checked display for error.
Just a little disillusioned with service I've received lately. I bought my last Harley in 98 and will probably never buy an Indian. Oh well, enough venting.

· Registered
2,294 Posts
Used sensor from Ebay. That's why I need to check the continuity. May have 2 bad sensors or maybe 2 good. Test mode indicates sensor.
Thanks
@zerocool is you're best bet, his are new. Several people here have bought from him and are satisfied. I suspect his are better than OEM. I lucked out on my '06 KP with a used one from bikestrippers in FL I knew that used was a gamble especially with an electrical part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts