VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to reading some old threads, I have diagnosed my ABS light staying on all the time. I found a worn spot on the wire going to the rear sensor and have found the part ( #4013251) online. Contacted the dealer, and they want $149 for a single sensor. Online it can be had for $85 plus 20 shipping. Reading the old threads people were talking about it being a $65 fix. Is this what we have to look forward to?

On another note, I have yet to look where this part plugs in. Can someone give me the readers digest version of where it is? I bought the $58 manual, and I haven't found any information about the other end of the wire where it goes. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Sounds like parts supply is going to be a hit or miss thing for the future.

Some of these parts are "common source" parts that are used on other equipment.
I predict that in the future we will have web sites that will be dedicated to keeping these bikes rolling by publishing interchange guides.

There are Moto Guzzi sites that do this very thing.
There are many Guzzi's that were built in the 40's still rolling down the hiway.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had my ABS wire rub through (dealer left it rubbing on the brake disc). I traced it back up under the seat into a mass of wires and decided to just wrap it in electrical tape since only one wire was rubbed through. Good as new. If that didn't work I was just going to splice a new section of wire in.

Anyway, when I do buy parts I go to CheapCycleParts.com I've bought belts and filters and stuff from them and they ship pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
There are Moto Guzzi sites that do this very thing.
There are many Guzzi's that were built in the 40's still rolling down the hiway.
Guzzi is still in business

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will take a better look and see if it can be fixed with tape. Been way too cold to want to spend much time working inn the garage. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Guzzi is still in business
Yes, I know I own a few of them.
Just saying that it's still easy to get parts for a 40,50,60 year old bike that the factory does not supply parts for.
We have interchange numbers for things like u-joints, bearings seals, relays, ignition, starter parts, generators etc.....
Also a lot of "how to" conversion info.

If riders of Vic's are wanting to keep their bikes going then sites like these will appear.

Reactions: roadcouch

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks @danapellerin . Laid the bike on the tipovers so I could almost see what I was doing. The wire was rubbing on the rotor but not worn completely through. 3 cents worth of electrical tape and a zip tie to the brake line and problem solved. I will thank the dealer who had the tire off late last fall when I'm in there next....

I appreciate this place for the exchange of information.

Reactions: danapellerin
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.