VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Been gone for a while and kind of "out of the loop". Like a fool, I traded my '13 Cross country and I'm looking at getting a '15 Cross Country w/ 2K miles. My only concern is parts availability. I've been on Witchdoctors site, doesn't look like they have half of what they used to have. Basically just wondering about maintenance and "go fast" parts and some comfort parts as in seats, backrests, bars, ect. Should I be worried about this or not?
Thank you guys in advance.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome back! 2000 miles sound like Grandma's bike that was only used to go to church on Sundays!
IMHO I'm not worried about parts, nothing really breaks. The wear items are all made by specialty manufactures and not Victory so still available. I am worried about my shock, but there are multiply options to replace it, if and when needed. Guess I'm worried about the price, good shocks aren't cheap. Lloydz and the Vic Shop are working on both Victory and Indian bikes and we should still have a decent supply of factory parts. Go online and look up some parts you think you might need, I think you will find them. Some of the other guys on the site are more knowledgeable than I, they will chime in with their opinions. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
@NOEMTZ can sell you the Lloydz parts AND sell you a Maximus to tune to make it go. Accessories can be had, just have to look a little harder.

Reactions: NOEMTZ

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Yea, finally something beat PCV's...the Maximus.
Still a few Vic sites out there.
Get it while you can!
If you need something specific let everyone know.
Never know who has stuff laying around that'll never be used otherwise.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it between the VOG, Witchdoctors and ebay you can find everything from an extra switch for the dash to entire engine replacements. MOMs in Foxborough Massachusetts still have stock OEM items to, Lloyd's is still push out items along with a ton of other places.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
What parts did you need for your ‘13 that you are expecting to do with the ‘15? Guessing all accessories if anything right? If so, I’d start there.

you already know the reliability of these bikes as being true GTO style (gas tires oil), so no worries there.

since you’ve left, Maximus has come out as an alternative to the PCV. And Lloydz is still making their go fast goodies.

I wouldn’t be worried one bit.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Yeah, I would plan on doing the forks and rear shock soon. Definitely check for leakage. Bikes are designed to be ridden. When they aren't , the seals on the shocks pay the price. Like others have mentioned, these bikes are rock solid and most of the go fast parts are still available. I don't hear much about rear shocks failing but there are replacements available. My rear shock started leaking on my XC after 73,000 miles. I posted a thread asking for advice and the guys came through as always. Here is a link to the thread. https://www.thevog.net/threads/well-its-finally-time.159715/
I was torn between replacing it with stock, new for $667, or going all in for an air ride for $1500. Then looked in my wallet and bought a used one from one of the go fast shops that does suspension for $100. A couple buddies are coming over to help me put it in after the quarantine lifts.

• Winner
Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
Hey there old poster. Welcome back.
There’s a new oil in town too. Lol.
Don’t get me started. awwww what the heck
Spectro Golden4 20/40 semi synthetic
Bujee made me do it.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
The parts I would be worried about getting are factory or Ness accessories. I’ve not seen a problem with the parts you mentioned, the comfort and performance parts seem easy to find. But if you want to get anything cosmetic that was once in a Victory or Ness catalog that could be very hard. Thinking of fancy floor boards or exhaust tips kinda thing.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Hey there old poster. Welcome back.
There's a new oil in town too. Lol.
Don't get me started. awwww what the heck
Spectro Golden4 20/40 semi synthetic
Bujee made me do it.
I did!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Interesting about manufacturer supporting model for 10 years. My grandson's Octane (mine?)
was bumped in garage by a 17 year old female driver who shall remain nameless. This bump resulted in a mild tipover
which resulted in a broken mirror stem. My grandson tried to remove the broken piece with easy out but no luck. Grandpa to the rescue. I was able to drill out the piece and rethread. I was curious so looked up new piece it is only a 2017 Octane not 10 years old right should be a part available
, no way no how has picture and listing of part no part number no price ?????? I and grandson were happy drilling and chasing with tap worked. I had planned ahead in my mind if first try didn't work I was prepared to use threaded insert. I also made a new stem as I had the die for the threading.
Since they are black, I had some black caliper paint left over. Well back to welding up a ride on bike stand for the Octane. This will be my third one I've built first two are for CR, one has wheels on, I use it to load CR on trailer with winch so much easier ride CR onto stand use two soft ties and strapped hook up winch tilt trailer bed and crank away.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
I wonder if some of the Scout parts are interchangeable?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wonder if some of the Scout parts are interchangeable?
I had the same thought but as I fixed the problem didn't look. Still surprised me when I look at Octane part list to see it not available.ride safe I have to wait till it rained again as they threw salt on bridge decks yesterday because of sleet and snow, my truck needs a bath too.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do know how reliable these Victory bikes are. Used to ride mine like I caught it in bed with the ol' lady, all it did was ask if that's all I got. Would like to find a trunk for it but I know that's like finding hens teeth. Will eventually be doing cams & exhaust, maybe even a big-bore, but not right off. The bike I'm looking at only has a tic under 3k miles. (2700) Want to ride her first and enjoy before I do anything. She's already set up the way I like so that's a plus too.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do know how reliable these Victory bikes are. Used to ride mine like I caught it in bed with the ol' lady, all it did was ask if that's all I got. Would like to find a trunk for it but I know that's like finding hens teeth. Will eventually be doing cams & exhaust, maybe even a big-bore, but not right off. The bike I'm looking at only has a tic under 3k miles. (2700) Want to ride her first and enjoy before I do anything. She's already set up the way I like so that's a plus too.
Look in the marketplace there is a trunk for sale right now.
https://www.thevog.net/Classifieds/cross-country-tour-trunk-havasu-red.21711/viewitem

Reactions: Zimbob

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Personally I would not wait to do anything. Since there are no new Vic’s coming into circulation, at some point pretty much anyone that wants a big bore will already have it and the demand for new big bore kits, or cams, exhaust, etc. will dry up. They’re available now, but won’t be forever.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
iabob, I was thinking that. Might go ahead and get the go fast stuff soon as I can after getting the scoot.
Even if you got the parts and held them for install at a later date, at least you would for sure have them.
I'm so happy with my motor right now I have no plans for a big bore. But I'm seriously considering buying one just in case I ever HAVE to rebuild my motor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.