VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone shed some light on the correct procedure for removing the centre console and the front side panels (with the Victory badge)? Any special tools required? A video showing the procedure would be great.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Do you have a Service Manual? Big help to see the panels. A plastic pry tool is a huge help.
Open the Gas and Glove box
Pull the panel off in front of the seat from the top.
Remove seat, 2 screws at front, pull up and towards the front of the bike. Unplug cable for the heated seat at the rear.
The piece over the speedo has to come off. This is where a plastic pry tool comes in handy. Will justpop off.
There are 2 bolts in the front of the dash and two in the rear, take those out, remember theground wire on the right lower bolt (towards the seat) when reinstalling. There is one more small bolt on the left side that is black that also needs to come out.
You can now lift the dash up, but have to unplug all the connections.The ones at the top you need to write down where they go if you do not have amanual. There is a large Connector for the radio and the last is the antenna. I have done this a few times and seems to be easier to do standing on theside. Should come off.
You should know get a view ofpanels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks bubba, great description sounds easy enough. I wasn't aware there was a Vision service manual available to purchase, I did ask when I bought the bike but was told no. I'll try again, now that I know they are available

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, I was going to get the centre console and other panels chromed. Black and chrome works for me. My model is 2009, is there a manual available (to the public)?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I have a 09 also, I use an 08 that was public. I can try and send it to you if you give me your address. I tried this before when I had AT&T and the file was too big. Willing to try again. You sure you want to Chrome that dash? Might be to reflective in the sun for you eyes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Bubba, if the file size is less than 100 Mb you can upload it to usendit.com for free... http://www.yousendit.com/

my email is [email protected]
I'll get an email notice from usendit when the file is ready to download.

If the files too big, could you suggest a Vic dealer in the US I could contact to get a copy.

..as with the sun reflection off the console, you might have a point there.

thanks for you help,

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Looks like U send it is working. it's 37.5 meg. Let me know if you get it! Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.