VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - I'm searching for a replacement for the original radio on my '09 Vision Tour. Found a couple on eBay that they claim will fit, but from what I read, it's a very year-specific part. So before I go taking things apart to find the OEM part number, just thought I'd put it out there - does anyone happen to have that info? Or any experience in changing out the radio system - will a 2010 fit an '09? Or an '08 fit an '09? Looking for advice..
Thanks a ton,
Rick

·
Registered
233 Posts
I saw Tree1979 post this a few weeks back... There are three different radio units, and if you put the wrong one in the wrong year, you will fry the radio unit. 2008-2009 was one unit, 2010-2011 was another, and then 2012-2017.

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
In my searching it shows the 09 Vision part number for the stereo is 4012198.

It's news to me the different years had different radios but I've never read up on it. I need to figure this out too since I recently bought a spare unit I ran across at a great price. It just so happens to be the above part number so if it's true the different years had different units and this won't work in my 08 or 13 maybe I can pass the deal on to you.

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
I was just thinking.

Have you thought about teaching out to the company that made them. Use to they would trade the unit out with a refurbished one for around $180.

This is the back of the spare I have for reference.

View attachment 489959

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
Here is the link to their service dept for repairs.

Contact

Certainly they would know if the units work in all years or only certain ones.

I sent them an email asking about what units work in what years.

Reactions: DBbear127

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
This is the response I got. The spare unit I have is not listed so I've sent her another question asking about that particular unit number.

"The `08 radio will not work properly in the `13 bike.

The part numbers are as follows:

MY 08-09 4011257

MY 10-11 4012272

MY 12-Current 2411676

I believe the 2411676 will work on the 10 and 11 bikes. The other issue that occurs is with any accessory items like CB and XM. They have to match the model year of the main unit.

Do you have one that is not working? We have a program to remanufacture them."

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
This is from the 2011 Vision service manual. When I was checking I asked around as to why, and was told by a couple of guys in the know (I can't remember who) that the radios after 2011 were different as well, and swapping any of the series radio units would end badly. You can contact the manufacturer of the radio for repairs/replacements. I couldn't get anything from them, because my bike was an 8-ball and didn't come with a radio. They will ONLY repair/replace factory installed units.
View attachment 489995

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
Already got a response.

"The 4012198 was used for part of MY 09. I think it will work on the 08, but not the 13."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that was some legwork for you, and I do thank you. I did break out the tools, and YouTube, and got things taken apart. You are correct in that the part number is 4012198, and it looks like that will work for your '08. Good on ya! I'll search around and see if I can't run across another for a great price!
Cheers,
Rick
In my searching it shows the 09 Vision part number for the stereo is 4012198.

It's news to me the different years had different radios but I've never read up on it. I need to figure this out too since I recently bought a spare unit I ran across at a great price. It just so happens to be the above part number so if it's true the different years had different units and this won't work in my 08 or 13 maybe I can pass the deal on to you.

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
I'd reach out to them and see about the cost of getting yours repaired. It may be the way to go. They got back to me real quick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I did hear back from RadioSound. You ship your unit to them, and they'll ship you back a refurbished one for $275.
However in the meantime, I found a smoking' deal on eBay for a new one. Just completed the transaction and am waiting for tracking info now. If anyone's interested, the seller's eBay name is whippingboy_15 and he seems to have a good selection at good prices. I'll update this thread in a week or so and let you all know how it went. Thanks for the help and suggestions!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.