VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 294 Posts

· Registered
1,410 Posts
goatlocker95 said:
Another yes, but I don't think that's the real question. What are you looking for?

Check out http://rcvsmc.net/for a lot of information. If you still have questions ask what you really want to know.
Yes, for me too. Even as LEO in the past, never any trouble with 1% clubs. Sport bike MCs were a whole other story. There used to be one in N AL that just wanted to hassle small community LEO. Nothing of a violent type, but lots of unsafe highway operations. Read the info linked and you can learn a lot. The true "Outlaws" ain't interested in you unless you make it so.

· Registered
373 Posts

Yup they're out there.

· Super Moderator
26,949 Posts

I stopped for a bike on a trip and a Bandido came in. He was old, real old. He had Bandido jacket, vest, shirt, and marked helmet and bike. He had a handmade walking cane with Bandido carved all over it. He sat by us but gave us noissues or even say anything to us. I bet he had some stories.

As a current LEO I have been given nothing but respect from them. I even talked to one that had a oxygen tank mounted to his sissy bar. The prospects waited on him hand and foot.

· Registered
510 Posts

If Hell's Angels and Mongols count, then yes. No problem and they even waved their knives at me in an obvious gesture of good will (just kidding, they were cool). There's a biker bar up in the Spring Mountains west of Vegas where a lot of hard-core bikers congregate. I stopped in with myXCT last year and some looked it over like it was from Mars. Pure Harley guys. I think my lack of tattoos mystified them a little.

· Registered
534 Posts

Have family and friends that are 1%'ers what is it you want to know.If your just curious just rememeber it is all about respect, treat them with it and they will return the favor. They have no need to prove anything, or make a point with you, the patches on there backs state all that they want you to know. So just treat them like regular bikers and dont show any disrespect and your good.

· Super Moderator
26,949 Posts

I know people who have had run ins where they were confronted because they passed them on a highway and they were told not to pass without permission. They have any dumb rules like that Blazed30? I know one guy that had one ride up and swing a knife at him for passing him. He was on a sport bike and twisting the throttle took care of the issue.

I don't see what the harm is asking such a simple question is.

· Registered
444 Posts

Yes they are around.

· Registered
996 Posts
Kingpin_Bulldog said:
I know people who have had run ins where they were confronted because they passed them on a highway and they were told not to pass without permission. They have any dumb rules like that Blazed30? I know one guy that had one ride up and swing a knife at him for passing him. He was on a sport bike and twisting the throttle took care of the issue.

I don't see what the harm is asking such a simple question is.
Everyone has a "story". Obvious now why you asked. Others gave answered, it's simply mutual respect just as any others. You get what you give.

· Registered
1,224 Posts

Pass the hells angels all of the time there is a club house about 35 miles from me. I have never heard anything negative about this chapter. One of the higher ups (I think he's the president because everyone follows his every move) pulled up next to my buddy at red light and was chatting with him. I was BS'n with one of the members at local bike event for about a hour seemed like a nice guy to me loves riding same as I do. Last year on the way to Sturgis we had about 15 members of sons of silence blast past us like we were standing still a couple waved I looked at speedo and we were running 80mph so they were in a hurry. I have no reason to cause a beef with them so they have no reason to harrass me.

We did blast past a pack of 20-30 Kingsmen a few years back when I had sport bike because they were rolling 15 under the speed limit when we got to the next intersection we went left they went right except for two bikes when we noticed we were being followed we stopped but they turned around and left.

· Registered
1,364 Posts

Yes, and No issues. Be nice and they will too. Be a jerk,,,,,well, some may take it as an invitation.
Act like ya got some smarts and all should be fine. Don't interupt "business" and treat them like anyone else. there are jerks in clubs just like everywhere else in life, ignore them and don't turn your back. Rarely do they much more than even talk to anyone without a "patch".

Reactions: Jayjay

· Registered
3,209 Posts

Lostintexas said:
Yes, and No issues. Be nice and they will too. Be a jerk,,,,,well, some may take it as an invitation.
Act like ya got some smarts and all should be fine. Don't interupt "business" and treat them like anyone else. there are jerks in clubs just like everywhere else in life, ignore them and don't turn your back. Rarely do they much more than even talk to anyone without a "patch".
Yep

· Registered
6,998 Posts

I"ve been talking to bikers of all types all over the country for over 30 years and never had a problem. But this made me think of a joke a friend just sent me.
A Man At the Pearly Gates
A man dies and goes to Heaven. At the pearly gates he meets St. Peter, St. Peter is looking over the mans folder and says to the man' "I can't let you in because your records show that you have done nothing to help your fellow man. But if you can think of one thing that you did to help, I'll let you in."
The man thinks for a minute and says, "There was this one time I was driving down this dark, deserted road one night when I came upon a bunch of bikers in the middle of the road. They had this young lady there and each biker was taking his turn with her. I got my tire iron from my trunk and walked into the middle of them,picked out the biggest, ugliest one of them and hit him in back of the head. As he lay on the ground the rest of the bikers surrounded me. I slapped my tire ironl in my hand and said which one of sons-of-bitches is next?"
St. Peter looked at the man and asked, "When did this happen?"
The man replied while looking at his watch, "About ten minutes ago."

· Registered
472 Posts

Yes. My MA wears a three piece patch and shows respect and support for the local in charge 1% club as all in our world do. In or out of the world - show respectand you will receive it.

· Registered
17,770 Posts

I spent about 2 months in 1970 hanging around with "Outlaws" and "The Casual Fools" motorcycle clubs.

I've passed many MC's riding in formation on freeways due to the fact that they were traveling under the speed limit.

Twice while refueling I found myself surounded by a MC.
Once was in 1973 in the sticks of Tennessee while riding with my buddy and our girlfriends we were engulfed by 50+ 1%'ers.
It got the girls nervous, but it turned out that I knew the leader so everything was cool.

Last year while traveling to Key West in lower Florida I was again surrounded by 1%'ers at a fuel stop.
All they wanted was to check out my Vision and shoot the sh!t with me for a while.
The leader gave me his "card" and said that if I ran into any trouble down there to give him a call.
He bragged about his "connections" with the local LEO's in that area.

Keep your cool, don't disrespect them, and everything will be OK.
They really don't give a sh!t about us.

Reactions: crosscountryla
1 - 20 of 294 Posts