VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be careful of the right side exhaust shield, it can sure burn you especially when trying to move you bike in reverse to get into a parking space. Don't wear shorts or you"ll get really burnt.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Ya and don't touch the pipes or motor when it's hot and oh ya don't stick your foot under your lawnmower when it's running.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I've never had a problem with my exhaust burning me. But then again I don't ride in shorts. My liquid cooled Kawi threw more heat than my XR does.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
THEWASP said:
Really dumb answers I guess u guys don't ride much at all
No, they're just giving you a little ribbing is all......best not to take things too seriously around here or you will not have much fun......and we like to have a lot of fun. Usually at Dean's expense. :)

.....and the guys giving you that grief are not exactly bar hoppers. No worries, just enjoy. Welcome to the insane asylum.

·
Registered
807 Posts

x2 on the ribbing. With very few exceptions the guys on this site are goodnatured.
As far as geat from the 106... you should try riding out here in Vegas and AZ, like right about now. It's been over 110 for the last week.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
THEWASP said:
Actually I thought posting this thread was dumb.........

·
Registered
423 Posts
bikendad said:
THEWASP said:
Actually I thought posting this thread was dumb.........
I agree. I see people in shorts all the time, but I think they know not to touch the exhaust. The heat shields don't keep all the heat away from body parts. Wear jeans or leathers or maybe both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I don't know where everyone had gotten the idea that I ride with shorts (DUH!). What I was trying to explain was that at a light or stop sign , when you put you right foot down the exhaust is right in line with your calf and if you don't pay attention while watching for some a..hole ready to rearend you , u end up leaning you leg against the pipe. Is that, that hard for some of you to understand?????
Take that . LOL

·
Registered
172 Posts
Speaking of Shorts.

Last night around 9:30 PM, I saw a Yellow Ducati approach me when I was at a stop sign. The rider had on a matching yellow helmet and yellow with white trim leather jacket with Ducati on the back. As he passed I was expecting to see the rest of the matching set of leathers.

Nope. He was wearing shorts and tennis shoes. I just shook my head.

Then I thought, Who would buy a Yellow Ducati? Did the factory run out of red?

Ride Safe

·
Registered
752 Posts
I ride in shorts all the time [for short errands] and had burns on my right calf from my Jackpot. I gave up riding that bike in shorts. I don't seem the have that problem with the Touring Cruiser.

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
THEWASP said:
Be careful of the right side exhaust shield, it can sure burn you especially when trying to move you bike in reverse to get into a parking space. Don't wear shorts or you"ll get really burnt.
I guess if you are so unhappy with the bike you should take the loss and find one that you do like.

·
Registered
463 Posts

WHy the heck do people wear shorts anyway?
I see ricerockets riding around with 1000$ helmets onto protect the brains not used to tell em the shorts n sneakers they are wearing ..is dangerous!
Oh well
THEWASP said:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Been riding for some 35 years andIhave yet to find a cool right or left side exhaust for that matter that is not hot when motor is running, This is for any motorcycle out there, proper colthing will avoid most of this problem.
Regards

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sutherland said:
Been riding for some 35 years andIhave yet to find a cool right or left side exhaust for that matter that is not hot when motor is running, This is for any motorcycle out there, proper colthing will avoid most of this problem.
Regards
That's exactly right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.