Other than motorcycles… | Page 5 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Other than motorcycles…

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by snobnd, Oct 16, 2021.

1. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    victory magnum
    yes I have skied every slope in Massachusetts Vermont New Hampshire and one or two in Maine, it was awesome to ski Lake Placid in New York, I had a good friend and we wanted to get the most runs in every trip, it felt like we were skiing giant slalom…lol, New England has some of the best mogul skiing in the country.

really bummed I never got to ski Utah or Colorado, when I got tired of skiing that’s when I bought my Vmax 700 triple, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and into Canada…. but some of the best fun was taking it out on the highway during massive snow storms and passing state police( Who for some strange reason thought they were gonna pull me over) sorry VB but I didn’t stop but I did say in the back of my mind if he could keep up at 100 I would pull over! Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    we have a Sugarloaf Mountain in Maine!

3. ForestGiant

ForestGiant Well-Known Member

2014 Victory Cross Country, 97 Honda Valkyrie, 99 Honda Magna
    Back when I lived in the northern Detroit Suburbs, Roadway Express transferred me their twice, I skied Alpine Meadows and Mt. Holly, never did Pine Knob, however I did see a lot of summer concerts their.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Retread

Retread Member

04 Victory Kingpin and 09 Vision
    LSD and dogs.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Handheld percussion with high speed propulsion devices are a blast. Especially fun with 36, 40, 125 or 158 grain projectiles. ;)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I swear it's become a competition now days to see who can be the weirdest creature possible. I can't say person because some claim to be aliens or things like a toaster oven. Anything to be "special." I just can not wrap my mind around some of the things I've seen in the last few years. I'm especially glad I'm happily married and not in the dating game. Talk about a mine field!

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

2013 HardBall. 2014 Flames High Ball
    Man I don't like to mention it but were you tripping when you rescued that one?
    Just saying, because it looks just a little bit like a goat. Don't want to put you on a bummer, but in future try counting the horns. Dogs zero, goats two.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

2013 HardBall. 2014 Flames High Ball
    I did the training up to one static line jump, threw up half way down. Got down, counted the wings on the plane, still 2, so decided I didn't have to jump out of it.
    Like body surfing with fins, didn't do it a lot but used to wait until cyclone surf was pushing 6 ft plus onto Sunshine Coast beaches then ride them until I got one good ride, then stop.
    Love canoeing, 15 ft glass Canadian, but don't have 300 km of creek then river flowing past the front paddock like I did before I sold Obi Obi. Using a canoe in surf is a bit silly, but a lot of fun. Did some nice camping trips up the Queensland coast in the canoe, surfing it in to camp on the beach. By the time you get far enough north to be inside the Great Barrier Reef and the surf disappears, you are running the risk of meeting crocodiles now.
    Still a member of our little towns bush fire brigade, which can be a real adrenaline rush at times, given the worsening bush fire conditions in Oz. Watching 30m high flames coming at you helps you concentrate.
    Ride all year round, particularly like pushing unsuitable road bikes hard on gravel roads. Spent most of the last 40 years living on a dirt road so got lots of practice. The HardBall is much better at it than the High Ball, despite the extra weight.
    Did a fair bit of feral pig hunting while living at Obi using an old Lee Enfield. Some mates who were mad medieval reenactors used to invite me to go with them for backup, when they went out with wooden longbows and boar spears. Watching a 150 kg wounded boar charge onto a boar spear until he hits the crossbar is interesting.
    But mostly I ride bikes, smiling all the way.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ForestGiant

ForestGiant Well-Known Member

2014 Victory Cross Country, 97 Honda Valkyrie, 99 Honda Magna
    I think you also have a Mad River ski area out their. This our best hill in Ohio, Mad River Mtn. 300 vertical foot. Not very daunting is it. They do make a great amount of snow though. The last traces in the terrain park do not disappear until early May.

KIMG0354 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 5
  10. marlake

marlake Active Member

2012 XR LE #45 "ARGUS"
    I live in New England and, right now, this is the best place in the country for good riding weather with beautiful scenery. Because, unlike a lot of you, I don't ski or snowboard etc. this place becomes what I think of as HELL pretty soon. Fortunately I spend from January to April in Florida which helps me make it through the winter. I load my 2012 XRLE in the bed of my f150, hook up to my bass boat and head to the sunny south.
    It's interesting. While headed south in January I get a lot of smiles and "thumbs up" from folks I encounter on the way. When I head back north at the end of March, sometimes in a snow storm, I get the strangest looks. They seem to be saying "where in the hell do you think your going dummy?"
    However you do it, have a great Winter season.

RIDE (something) SAFE :bike4_smilie::drive1::fiddy::oilleak::sbike1::ups::velo1::cop2::headbang:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Top Poster Of Month

Victory Boardwalk
    Snowbird :coldsmilie::run::fiddy:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Retread

Retread Member

04 Victory Kingpin and 09 Vision
    Just kidding, I guess the first thing to go is your sense of humor... LOL My life for the last fifteen years has been caring for my wife of 39 years, she lost use of her legs.. I have mountain property I want to convert into a self sustaining habitat, off grid, solar, wind, and full workshop for maintaining.. I like to wrench on my bikes and have built several in the last 17 years of retirement.. 9307DC02-DC04-4223-81F9-68609E17CE57.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Alwhite00

Alwhite00 Well-Known Member

Victory
    I have a few things to finish up on this pig this winter.

20211018_103837.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum

• Like Like x 1
  15. arkvic

arkvic Well-Known Member

2010 h.d. road king
    i aint jumpin outta a perfectly good airplane,'less its on fire!! or crashin'

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1