VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am out of my league here and hope someone can steer me. I have a computer running Vista Premium?
My problem is "User Account Control" wants me to verify every time I want to use a program that I installedthat it is ok to run. Where do I find a control to allow me to change that so i don't have to go through the extra step each time?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SideshowBob said:
You can find it at your local Apple store when you trade your PC in on a Mac.

Not helpful I know, but I couldn't resist. ;-)
Ha Ha..that would be like trading my Vic in on a Ural.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts

Although I'm enjoying the "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" banter above, here's the step-by-step instructions to turn it off: (FYI, I use both a PC and a MAC).
Go to START,
Control Panel
User Accounts
Then, click the USER ACCOUNTS at the top of the window and then click TURN USER CONTROL ON OR OFF.
Uncheck the box and click OK and that should do it.
When I first got Vista, that control was popping up all the time. Let me know if it works.
Here's what Microsoft states about the User Account Control:
User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users.
We don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.
  1. Click to open User Accounts.
  2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.