VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Hopefully the gas pedal doesnt stick :)
dang, you beat me to it

Anyhow I'm just not digging it too much, for some reason when I look it at I see Celica GT and not a true sports car.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I'm still a Toyota fan. I love the car. Not worth the $$$ though. Even if I had the money - I probably wouldn't be interested. The narrator is a DORK!!!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

I just dont get the car. A 400k car that goes 0-60 in 3.6 seconds should out perform a Nissan GT-R that cost $70,000.00. The GT-R goes to 60 in 3.2...
I'll stick with Nissan's I guess.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Interesting car. The R&D must have been killer if they are "taking a bath" on every one they sell at $400k. Like the tester clearly says though: it's not about "worth x-times" any other car. It's about this particular car and its build and quality. I doubt I'd spend the $$ for it even if I had it either, but I don't look at it as a 'worth' issue. At this price, it either excites you or it doesn't. It's not about any one characteristic like acceleration or braking distance, etc. I'm fortunate to own a much "lesser" Lexus and there are many who would tell me that $75K for my car isn't worth 3 times a cheaper/faster car. I'd disagree with them on that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, that's a beauty, just like its competition, the Lamborghini Gallardo. Both are around $250k - so quite a deal compared to the Lexus. In fact, instead of the $400k Lexus, I could have one each of the Lamborghini and the McLaren.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

GrayWings said:
Interesting car. The R&D must have been killer if they are "taking a bath" on every one they sell at $400k. Like the tester clearly says though: it's not about "worth x-times" any other car. It's about this particular car and its build and quality. I doubt I'd spend the $$ for it even if I had it either, but I don't look at it as a 'worth' issue. At this price, it either excites you or it doesn't. It's not about any one characteristic like acceleration or braking distance, etc. I'm fortunate to own a much "lesser" Lexus and there are many who would tell me that $75K for my car isn't worth 3 times a cheaper/faster car. I'd disagree with them on that.
I agree, I like my LS460 and the wife loves her IS-F but when you are talking about supercars performance is job 1. Even at equal price I would still take the Nissan just because it has a back seat no matter how useless it is.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Sorry guys, Toyota and Nissan do not belong in the same sentence as super car. A super car is more than raw numbers and high prices, it's about lineage, exclusivity and off the wall design. Supercars don't just push the envelope then redefine the envelope. Give me a Carrera GT, 599, McLaren or Vehron, they are Supercars, this is just a Lexus halo car with a stupid price tag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.