VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in need of a new desktop for my personal use.
Im looking for a new one that will be faster and better than the 3 year old laptop im using.
Pm me if you have any super fantastical deals out there, or just what you would recommend I get for doing Videos and web browsing. And of course The Vog !
My laptop is becoming a dog with fleas !

Thanks, Dean

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
OT that's just plain funny, almost spilled my coffee!! :)

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

bubba said:
OT that's just plain funny, almost spilled my coffee!! :)
Bubba,
Next time you log on, just to be on the SAFE side start wearing your bib,just to save your key board from spillage. Oatmeal, Coffee, whats next?
So where do you park your bike at your retirement home.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I have a home office that I usually have morning coffee and occasionally breakfast at. Bikes have their own home!! Did you never notice that it always happens when Dean's involved?? :)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Well, I am not in the business but I prefer the Alienware Area 51. I think any computer that can run games that smoothly should do the type of editing you want. Not sure about their quality any longer since they were bought by Dell but it should be just as good and maybe even a little cheaper then they used to be.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I"m partial to HP systems if I'm not building my own. As it stands these days you can't hardly build one yourself and save enough money to justify it IMHO.

Try the Outlet and Quick Ship sections of http://www.shopping.hp.com

Another place that has some really good prices on closeouts arehttp://www.newegg.com/ and Costco's ZT systems are a pretty good value and they have a great return policy.

Some "minimum" specs to consider:

Intel i5 or higher
1GB Video (discreet video, stay away from "integrated" video. I'm partial to Nvidia)
8GB RAM
1TB Disk

Be careful with Win7 64 bit. I run it and find that some programs are not happy such as flash media in the 64 bit IE browser. BUT, with that said, Win7 64 works very well, almost as good as Mac OSX ;-) and I have an intellectual problem running a 32 bit OS in this day and age.......

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mjw that sounds like good info , thanks.
I also should have stated that i dont have 1000$ to spend either and what you are describing sounds expensive, (yes?)

And bubba , any time i can get you (even indirectly) to make some form of liquid come out your nose, i have achieved my goal ! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.